ISKY BIG CAM

73DATSON

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this cam is a little long in the duration but one can put the sprocket on #3 setting and maybe lower the gear ration on the diff to get the cam alive sooner.

They mean NEW rocker arms. Rockauto.com had them for 7$ apc recently but must have sold out. most are about 26$ apc

make sure made in Japan. sealed Power used to sell USA made ones and they are BAD!!!!!!!!!!

Just use your old rockers. (followers) Sheet of glass, wet sandpaper 600 grit maybe higher, kitchen sink. Back and forth rolling/rocking motion to put a pollish on them.

Did they sell you new springs too? .470"- .480" lift is close to spring bind on the stock ones.

Just use your old rockers. (followers) Sheet of glass, wet sandpaper 600 grit maybe higher, kitchen sink. Back and forth rolling/rocking motion to put a pollish on them.

Did they sell you new springs too? .470"- .480" lift is close to spring bind on the stock ones.

yes new springs,pads. and some other stuff can't remember

Ok so I called ISKY CAM to see what's up with my order? And they charged me but never called me to tell me that they don't have any CORDS!!! So I cancel,-((((( but I found this WEB CAMS in CALI. They had this cam left:

Intake

Exhaust

Valve Lash (Inch):

.007"

.011"

Valve Lift (Inch):

Valve Lift (mm):

Advertised Duration:

260°

260°

Duration @ 0.050":

238°

238°

Lobe Center:

108°

111°

= 109.5° Overall

Intake

Opens

11°

Before

TDC

Exhaust

Opens

50°

Before

BDC

Intake

Closes

47°

After

BDC

Exhaust

Closes

After

TDC

Valve Timing Is Checked With Zero Valve Lash

@ 0.050 Inches Of Valve Lift.

So I think this would be a better cam? Not to crazy?? But my question is the lash cap? What size?? .160? .170? .180? Don't know? I'm heading to Nissan 2mrow. Any body?

but I found this WEB CAMS in CALI. They had this cam left:

Valve Lift (Inch):0.450 Stock L20B cam: 0.413" at valve

Advertised Duration:260°  Stock L20B cam: 248 (likely not measured at 0.050" lift)

Duration @ 0.050":238°

Lobe Center:

108°

111°

= 109.5° Overall

Intake Opens 11°BTDC  Stock L20B cam: Int. opens 16 BTDC*

Intake Closes 47°ABDC Stock L20B cam: Int. close 52 ABDC*

Exhaust Opens 50°BBDC Stock L20B cam: Ex. opens 54 BBDC*

Exhaust Closes 8°ATDC Stock L20B cam: Ex. close 14 ATDC*

Valve Timing Is Checked With Zero Valve Lash *Stock L20B cam not checked at 0.050" lift.

@ 0.050 Inches Of Valve Lift.

So I think this would be a better cam? Not to crazy?? But my question is the lash cap? What size?? .160? .170? .180? Don't know? I'm heading to Nissan 2mrow. Any body?

Because of the measuring at 0.050" lift this is comparing apples to oranges except the valve lift and duration. I don't know what the stock valve opening and closings would be at 0.050".

It does have a respectable lift and is under the need for replacement springs due to coil binding. 12 degrees of added duration will move the power band upwards by just over 500 RPMs... say about 6K-ish.

Just for fun I messed with a cam calculator and with the 108/110 lobe center and keeping the following...

Your cam has an Overlap of 41.00 degrees

Intake Duration of 260.00 degrees.

The Exhaust Duration is 260.00 degrees.

The Inlet Cam has an Installed Centerline of 108.00 degrees ATDC.

The exhaust cam has an Installed Centerline of 111.00 degrees BTDC.

I have

Intake Opens 22°BTDC

Intake Closes 58°ABDC

Exhaust Opens 61°BBDC

Exhaust Closes 19°ATDC

I basically added 6 degrees on either side of the cam lobe. I'll bet there are different way to get the same specs.

Both seem mild enough for the street and then some. I'm running a FAR BRE 311 power lobe came thats .463 lift and 329 duration with no problems at all. I paid 200 for the whole kit after hunting forums for a while. 

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="datzenmike" data-cid="814819" data-time="1355795137"><p>

Because of the measuring at 0.050" lift this is comparing apples to oranges except the valve lift and duration. I don't know what the stock valve opening and closings would be at 0.050".<br />

<br />

It does have a respectable lift and is under the need for replacement springs due to coil binding. 12 degrees of added duration will move the power band upwards by just over 500 RPMs... say about 6K-ish.<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Just for fun I messed with a cam calculator and with the 108/110 lobe center and keeping the following...<br />

<br />

<em class='bbc'>Your cam has an Overlap of 41.00 degrees<br />

Intake Duration of 260.00 degrees.<br />

The Exhaust Duration is 260.00 degrees.<br />

The Inlet Cam has an Installed Centerline of 108.00 degrees ATDC.<br />

The exhaust cam has an Installed Centerline of 111.00 degrees BTDC.</em><br />

<br />

I have<br />

Intake Opens 22°BTDC<br />

<br />

Intake Closes 58°ABDC<br />

<br />

Exhaust Opens 61°BBDC<br />

<br />

Exhaust Closes 19°ATDC<br />

<br />

I basically added 6 degrees on either side of the cam lobe. I'll bet there are different way to get the same specs.</p></blockquote>

Hey mike what size lash cap I need?

webcams has a 488 252 dur cam I would pick that one

the 450 one you posted remeber you got to subtract the valve lash as that will be your real lift.

L motors like lift.

Remember they might have to grind the cam as the waiting period can take a month at least.

The webcams are new cores if you want a outright one.

There have been a few people said they got Isky cams before but never mentioned that they needed cores before.

Nissanmotorsports might have new cams laying around.

Schneider doesnt have new ones either but will do a core. if a regrind youll end up using close to 190 200 lash pads

lash cap size depends on if head, valve seats and valves are machined as it all affects the wipe pattern.also it if the valve stems are event across the top. as soem people trim the tops also to make them even so one size pad is needed.

I seen heads were every rocker needed a different size(bad news as you want close to 1 size. You can be off a little and not worry about it.

Ill let Sealick take over as he knows the tricks to get by now on this

• Like 1