What are your guys' thoughts on a V8 in a 521?

71datsuns

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I wont disappear, I would definitely keep you all posted on the build thread. I DO want to stick the 327 in, I just dont want to have to hack up the truck. Thats why I was thinking if I stuck an SR in it, I would be less likely to have to cut things to fit it in. I know an SR in a datsun isnt quite original but it would still be sweet. I guess I could just turbo the 327.......lol.  

• Like 1

Wow how original,cant wait never sen one done before.Good luck with swap.Pussy.lol

i gotta disagree with ya on this one mr.big. I've seen tons of 510's with SR's, but i've never seen a 521 with an SR. Actually that's not true, i've seen one. but still.

You mostly see KA's in 521's more than SR's.

71Dat - do that shit. and turbo the SR!

• Like 1

i gotta disagree with ya on this one mr.big. I've seen tons of 510's with SR's, but i've never seen a 521 with an SR. Actually that's not true, i've seen one. but still.

You mostly see KA's in 521's more than SR's.

71Dat - do that shit. and turbo the SR!

Turbo it and you lose the parking brake on the fire wall.What ever floats your boat.i think for all that money 4 more cylinders.Hell i know i spent alot and i could be tubbed and going fast and twisting my frame to.lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys and Gals, i've been reading the posts on the 521 V8 swap and it comes down to either your going to cut up your truck or stay pretty much stock, I have a 521 and was in the same dilema , well I decided to go for it and I've been on my project for about 2 years now , but being fair I'm out of town alot for my work , I gotta say it's been a blast building, and you have to change everything , rearend, suspension, body, interior, exhaust. As you can probably tell by my name that I'm building a Gasser, straight axle, 350, with 4 speed and all the gasser goodies.  

• Like 1
Hey Guys and Gals, i've been reading the posts on the 521 V8 swap and it comes down to either your going to cut up your truck or stay pretty much stock, I have a 521 and was in the same dilema , well I decided to go for it and I've been on my project for about 2 years now , but being fair I'm out of town alot for my work , I gotta say it's been a blast building, and you have to change everything , rearend, suspension, body, interior, exhaust. As you can probably tell by my name that I'm building a Gasser, straight axle, 350, with 4 speed and all the gasser goodies.  

I can only imagine. I figured I'd have to change a lot. I think I'll stick with the SR swap with a pretty good size turbo. Good to hear though that you are going though with it. Hope to see photos soon?

Very cool lol

Please start a project thread under "project datto"

I'd love to see pictures and phases of this.