Options not available in the U.S.

Smyrna720

I'm all about being different. Different is good. Different is cool. I like factory different. Factory different. Lets take a look at some things that were installed that we didn't get here.

Exibit one. Round headlights

903518026.jpg

6975914308_62ee22755f_b.jpg

fourdoor720_1.jpg

These are first because while available in the U.S. it's not common. I'm looking for parts if anybody has any...

Number dos: Vent windows

1343851135511.jpg

1344002513831.jpg

Pretty cool, huh? I've never seen them on US trucks. Austraulian and Middle Eastern.

Three: Right hand drive.

1981-datsun-pickup-trucks-720-sale-japan-75k-2.jpg

3521006819_0df9f4b96b.jpg

No explanation needed. But I still have a boner. And I want. Do want.

Fore for four. Four doors for moar whores.

datlowrp5.jpg

1983-1984_Datsun_720_4WD_4-door_utility_(2011-07-17)_01.jpg

Too cool.

These are things that are cool to me, and things I eventually want to do to my truck. So what does everybody else have?

• Like 1
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RHD quad cab with vents and round lights...?

DO IT...

I'm actually working on getting a RHD set up for mine.. Pretty much just doing research at the moment.. Gonna take a trip to Mexico someday and cop me a quad cab :thumbup:

the first example of the 720 w round headlights was like 'bleh'

but then the second one was like 'oh ok :)'

if anyone wants to mention options not available in the states for the 620, thatd be cool too :D

There is usually 2 or 3 double cab 720s over in Australia on "ebay au", but there are none at the moment.

They are already RHD, and they have the vent windows, not sure about the headlight though, and they had 4WD diesel versions also.

Which brings me to my next question. How hard is it to get a vehicle imported to the US from AUS?

i wouldnt think bringing something from aus is too hard.

usually the difficulties from importing a car (usually from japan)

are the emissions and lack of crash test data from cars that were not produced in the states.

but when the vehicle model is already existing in the states, it makes things easier

i wouldnt think bringing something from aus is too hard.

usually the difficulties from importing a car (usually from japan)

are the emissions and lack of crash test data from cars that were not produced in the states.

but when the vehicle model is already existing in the states, it makes things easier

That's the thing, I don't even need to title it here. I already have a 720, and with some creative parts swapping, I could have exactly what I want. I don't think the 4 door truck is my cup of tea right now, but I'm sure I could flip it here in the states.

Emissions is not the biggest problem. crash safety is. EPA grants a waiver for cars more than 15 year old.

To get a 720 here you need to fill out Customs form, EPA form and DOT form. Any vehicle over 25 years can be brought in with those forms.

Look it up on the Customs web site.

Guys, you can get a Double cab 720 from Mexico as a LHD. No joke, I say one forsale about a year ago at a local auto wrecker, but didnt have the money at the time. I'll see if I can find the pic I took... I wanted it so bad, but didnt have the funds... It was $1500, all complete and had a canopy to boot!

You can import anything over the age of 25 years old, no matter what it is or from where. Newer then 25 and things get a little crazy... Trust me... look at my cars list to the left...

Never seen any old trucks? Ford, Chevy, Datsun all had column shift at one time.

In other countries 720 had column shift too, it's a JDM feature!

cant say that i have, not their interiors at least.

im not really a truck fan. 620s are an exception because theyre half car aha. el caminos, too