620 Build

Guest Discopotatoes14

Guest Discopotatoes14

New to the forums, not new to datsun's.

I have alot of plan's for the car:

Conversion's:

Front end suspension/ Toyota pickup/ nissan 240sx havent decided( to convert 5 lug)

Paint: Nissan gunmetal grey ( KG2 )

Motorset: KA24DE

Rear end : 95 Toyota pickup

Brakes: 300zx 4 piston front

Would like to setup the complete rear 300zx setup w/ebrake still

Bought it last week. Already got my mind set on what i want done.

Has alot of rust everywhere Already started on the cab floors and pulled the bed off.

As soon as i get time I'm gonna upload the first stage to the overhaul in the end im going to make a video of the whole build. Hope you guys enjoy.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Project has been haulted right after i finished the driverside floor board.

I was adding up the price of the project and im still a little away from getting all the parts i need to really break it apart and im not there yet.

As soon as i get the 4 link ill be throwing up pictures of the build until then up to now not much has really even been done

Why the 4 link?

Why the leaf springs? Their out dated they wrap under load. i could rig up a 4 link with the leaf springs but i know i wont like it.

I love the feel of coilover's and they hook up pretty good too

I haven't decided if i will be drifting this truck but as of right now im building it as my car hauler... < (I know what your thinking... please before posting. i know towing a car behind this truck factory will push this truck off a cliff. ) won't stop ect. hence why its getting built to haul.

The pics will do it justice for the mean time ill throw up one or 2

374420_4898003697163_92089816_n.jpg

That pic was right when i bought it and brought it home with no brake master cylinder .. using the hand brake on the dash is a scary thing when driving this thing 2 hours

29559_4898004097173_1108545392_n.jpg

after i got rid of that bench seat you can see the driverside floor board but i didnt take any pictures of the replacement ill take pictures when i do the other side i droped the seat 2 inches on the driverside to clear my head im 6ft 1 and when i had the bench seat i would hit the ceiling on bumps

I mounted my Gas tank in my frame so i could easily remove my bed and still drive around. ( the biggest/hardest part to this build for right now is it's my daily so if i can't get the work done in a night/day its not gonna work.

9147_4898018457532_635137192_n.jpg

(and yes that is my roll cage tubing ^ 1 3/4 .120 ) The first time I ever had a truck that I'm caging this is all new territory to me now. I haven't decided on mild or wild.

I gotta make an updated build guidelines so i don't stray off the path it's too easy to just keep dumping money into this truck but I'm trying to keep it under 3k total right now. I paid 1000 for this truck... I know i paid too much. it was the only one in florida at the time. and I wanted THIS truck BAD. So when i went to buy it I came cash in hand and drove/limped it away

Right now im at close to 2100 invested with all paint supplies bought, por-15 by the gallon, Metal supplies, class 3 towing package, bucket seats, Painless wiring harness, new headlights, led tail light strip.

All im waiting on is a starter ladder bar kit that comes with everything for 575 driveshaft will cost me 300 puts me right at 3k but i have to still get guages and misc things so most likely gonna be in the 4k range

All springs do"something under load"unless properly set up.Issue could be solved without shootin' a wad on a 4-link.

I get what your saying i could spend 400 less doing almost the same thing of preventing axle wrap during a clutch kick or something. I've seen the bars you can buy to prevent the axle wrap problem. But in the end im stuck with leaf springs that don't carry too much of a load.

My goal is to have a suspension able to support an added 5,500lbs ( I plan on hauling my other project 1971 datsun 240z)

I know that is not possible by itself with a 4 link.

am adding air helper springs to help level the load and reinforcing the frame to not bend it during any dips or pot holes while towing.

Of course brakes are getting upgraded but for now i just need the main components installed.

I just sold a car to get my daily on its way it's not like i love blowing money. I just prefer to build once and call it done. I want to daily this for 10-20 years.

so i will be installing the factory powersteering and air conditioning.. that comes with the ka24de normally just with custom lines and a custom underdash setup

Well I'm gonna break my build into a few different catagorie's.

Exterior:

Paint color: KG2

Modifications: Needs to be wider ... Much wider so some sort of wide flares of sorts

Front: H4 Smoked Headlights

Like to make an air dam of sort's

Rear: Installing 3rd brake light on rear window

Installing 49" LED tailgate strip (brake ,running, turn signals, reverse lights)

Making a new rear bumper to have the tag bolted to and cover the hitch when not in use

Interior:

Lizard skin ceramic Sound deadener

Make new dash w/guages 4 a/c

Install Stereo equipment

Make Custom Centerconsole w/glove compartment and 2 cup holder's < a MUST

Install full 8.5 seconds and up NHRA Spec cage on inside of truck

Bucket seat's

Suspension:

Front: 98 240sx swap w/powersteering

Rear: 4 link ladder bar w/coilovers w 450lb springs

Air Lift Load leveling kit

Drivetrain:

(I'm not going into alot of details here this is gonna be a surprize maybe you guys will notice some parts in pics maybe not let's see when i get this build going. (engine set is already waiting on the rest of the parts) :rofl:

Engine: 98 240sx KA24DE

Transmission: 98 240sx KA

Clutch: Stage 2

Driveshaft: Custom 1 peice

Rear end: 96 toyota Pickup(5lug)

Brake's:

Front: 300zx 4 piston 30mm iron(have had issues in the past with pistons binding up under harsh conditions with the aluminums)

Hawk pads

Rear:300zx 2 piston 26mm (W/ drum ebrake still )

EBC green Rear's

Z32 brake master cylinder

240sx Brake booster

So like I promised I'd upload a video or 2 of how the truck got where it's at now. But since these video's I haven't worked on it any more.

I am waiting on misc part's you can see in the pictures video's I haven't installed the seat's yet or done the driver-side floor board's.

I never took a video of the driver-side floor but i may redo it because under inspection when i replaced the floor the rocker panel was  barely there. driver and passenger-side is pretty tore up. 

I have everything for the paint job minus the weather stripping kit ... the only thing holding me back from painting the truck already. I have a feeling when i take out the windsheild or rear window I'm gonna have some rust repair I haven't cracked open a single can of por-15. I'm waiting on everything to be here to do a full overhaul on this build. 

Maybe if you guys are interested since my 97 240x has to get finished before the truck ill make a little video of that one... as well u guys lmk I got no job currently but I feel sick like a dog. Haven't gotten out of bed in 3 days

Temp Gas tank mount (didn't video the whole thing will start now that i figured out how to convert files over.)

I have the bed sandblasting Loading Ill throw that one up too for giggle's 

Still learning how to mess with the video's I have some driving footage of me driving this thing home with no brake's Drifting it and /burning out the clutch but was all video taped on a cell phone camera thats super shaky I'll see how much stabilizing i can do but I'm new to filming /editing film just picked up a Full 1080p hd camcorder so video's will get better with time as i learn to use it. Need a big SD card as well as some extra batterys from what i've learned so far. 

Took 2 hours to download 3 mins of video... 

The start of bed blasting before i put the bed back on the truck and started driving it. 

In the begining of the video i was in my boxers right after the sun came up , cold as fuck so the video might be a little shaky

I Will be getting back into working on the truck after i get rid of this pneumonia went to the doc and was feeling pretty stupid/fatigued all day.

• 4 weeks later...

Assessing intense damage under way.

Ladder bar kit bought off Jegs don't have a damn idea what brake setup I'm gonna be using on the rear end but deffinatly not the drum's. :poop:

Cab Pulled off frame for Giggle's :thumbup:  to see how everything will look with the front end converted Full 98 240sx Front suspension w/powersteering

Realized it's gonna be wider than initially anticipated...  :frantics:  I'm Lovin it for now until i get into the building of the widebody fender's.

Some Teaser Pic's of the parts just sitting on it

IMAG0018_zps1db2a04b.jpg

IMAG0019_zps03950d94.jpg

If all goes according to plan  :w00t: Project "Titanium Bullet" get's started tomorrow I've been waiting for this  :thumbup: Next update will have the next video Trying to have the rolling chassis done by the end of January. Let's see what happens...

Also not exactly quite sure what i have but I'm willing to sell almost anything on the truck not pertaining to the body or frame. Pm me for details .

Will be making a for sale thread for the full truck part out once i figure out what is what since i really don't know much about this datsun yet even though i bought a Haynes Manual to remove it all without breaking everything (pretty useful) . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welding gun broke shortly after the post so I've been postponed until yesterday when it came in. I will be starting on this today when i wake up... I haven't charged the battery's since the last autocross event so i may not get footage tomorrow. Let's see I've decided on just making video's at the end.

I'm still new to editing so it takes me hour's to figure things out and i could be using that time on the truck and other project's as well.

Nice project u've got... :)

Thank's cars been good to me but life has been giving me hell lately. 

Thing's have smoothed out in the past week to where i can walk on my foot and function but all I've done is finished the rear end and start assembling my KA24DE Longblock So i can have that sitting on the side as motivation...

Id say tom. I'm done with the KA and goodies should be arriving in the mail