can someone answer my question?

Agent-Gambit

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the u67 is a great stock good flowing head with larger valves than the A87 for the l20

tha A87 if it is closed chamber will boost compression but it will need port work and bigger valves to work as well as the u67

if you have the head ported and bigger valves put in to it you will have a higher compression motor might need premium fuel also

The U67 head is open and has big valves, the A87 head can be open or closed, and the valves can be the same or have small exhaust valves.

The l20b has dished pistons, I have a W53 peanut head on my stock L20b and run regular gas, if the A87 is an open head with the big valves, then the two heads are likely close to being the same thing.

I think mine is a closed chamber it has like a heart shapped by the valves. I've port and polished the head and put l20 valves on it. The car runs nice for it being an l16 at the moment

If you have a closed A87 head on a L16, your compression ratio is likely quite high, and likely would not run well on anything but premium gas, does it ping/knock?

If you have a closed A87 head on a L16, your compression ratio is likely quite high, and likely would not run well on anything but premium gas, does it ping/knock?

Erm, Wayno, the stock head on a L16, the 210, is like 38.5cc. Technically by going to a closed chamber head on a L16 you are dropping compression, but increasing flow a lot.

Erm, Wayno, the stock head on a L16, the 210, is like 38.5cc. Technically by going to a closed chamber head on a L16 you are dropping compression, but increasing flow a lot.

I don't know a lot about L16s, I thought they had close to flat top pistons, if they are dished, then I did not know that, but a closed head with flat top pistons will cause issues with pump gas I beleave.

In my opinion ,, on a L16 L18 or an L20b with stock pistons the closed chamber head is almost always the better choice ..It will sometimes give you run-on after you shut it off with low grade gas on the L20b but not bad..

I love my under powered screamin 16