Brakes

RatRandy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found different autoparts stores cater to different people. If you see a lot of spoilers, and fart cannon exhaust pipe tips, you probably are in the wrong parts store, but ask at the counter anyway, or call ahead.

I buy a lot of Datsun stuff at a local auto parts store, here in Oregon City, Clackamas auto parts. They can usually get almost anything I order the next day. But they have been in business since 1934, so it is a little different than a chain auto parts store.

Just looked at my FSM and not to ask a stupid question but how to you grease the kingpins?

I also remember seeing the grease nipple on the front end of the rear drive shaft. Just goes into the splined area where the two drive shafts slip together. I greased them but never understood why that slip joint needs grease?

Yah I'm dumb... lol I just went under there to look and it became obvious to me, both for the kingpin grease location and why the slip joint needs grease. Slip when the axle moves up and down...

Thanks for the quick response. Sorry about the thread hijack.