Ka swap into 77 king cab

Hermistonkilla

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing to awesome.... picked up some parts from eagle Adam and put 2 out of the 4 in. (brake master, clutch master)  think I am going start going to work on the interior and other little things until after Canby.  Figure there will be some ka swapped 620's there for me to check out how all the intake manifold lines are ran and some other things I am not to sure about. 

Did a little work. Put the heater + hoses on, egr plate, put the manifold up on the engine and then found out the bolts from frontier manifold are not the same length..... Whomp whomp! Started to lay the KA harness out to see what I had to deal with. Ummm, I'm missing some stuff but ill remember later! null-7.jpgnull-8.jpgnull-10.jpgnull-12.jpgnull-13.jpgnull-15.jpg

• Like 1

Update??  :poke:  *wink* *wink*

So.... picked up a windshield and driver side window.  have a friend who does glass so he came over and sealed the window down for me and put the driver window in and fixed the track in the door.  I am pondering just switching to a s13 engine.  not sure how I am going to go about hooking up the distributor with the 240 harness and the frontier dist. is way different from looking at the 2....  also ha to scoop up Eric's de manifold as the header I bought was a little long. :crying: (that is not what she says....)  putting the engine on hold while I lay some fatmat and track down some carpet and a few other pieces I am missing.  any ideas on the distributor??? 

• 3 weeks later...

Got unmotivated for a few weeks and am now trying to take advantage of the nice weather. Gonna pull the frontier engine, and am looking for a s13 ka24de to put in its place. Ultimately this will be the easiest way for me to get the truck up and running.

Got unmotivated for a few weeks and am now trying to take advantage of the nice weather. Gonna pull the frontier engine, and am looking for a s13 ka24de to put in its place. Ultimately this will be the easiest way for me to get the truck up and running.

dude keep the frontier engine..just get the 240sx intake manifold and wiring harness.just use all 240sx wiring intake dizzy maf throttle body .....don't get rid of the engine just change the fuel injection setup....