died and wont start

DriftSK

So i had my 76 b210 running and driving but when i left it running outside it died so i thought maybe it ran out of gas but ive added gas since then and i still cant get it started.i can get it to sputter for a couple of seconds but not fire right up. im pretty sure its got spark and compression . i just dont know about the fuel and air . I think there might be a leak somewhere between the carb and intake manifold and it might be flooded.

Ive changed the spark plugs should i change the fuel filter and blow out the line or if its flooded what should i do

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking for fuel is easy: 1. Look in the sight-glass on the carb. Is the fuel level on the dot? 2. If it has fuel in the sight, remove air cleaner lid, shine torch down carb throat while holding choke open and with your third hand open the throttle. Do you see a steady shot of gasoline?

its getting a spark my new spark plug arent new anymore,there is fuel in the sight glass about a quarter or half full ,ive tried putting gas and engine starter in the carb . I did notice a difference in the way it was starting.

when i first got it started i would turn the key it would sputter and start up, but then i had to keeping turning it over when it was sputtering to get it to start, now i can get it to just about start and sputter but not run also i hear something draining when i stop turning it over and every now and then a puff of smoke comes out of the carb.

could it be the fuel filter is only about half full and looks kind of dirty

It's flooded. Take the plugs out and clean and dry them. While they are out make sure the choke is off or hold it open and crank the motor over for 10 seconds 2 or 3 times to dry out the cylinders. Put the plugs in... be sure the wires are on the right plugs.Pump twice and start normally. If it tries to start but doesn't make it.... hold the choke open and keep trying. Do NOT hold you face over the carb while cranking!!!

You get snow yesterday up there? Cold???

got snow earlier today freezing rain now. i tried turning it over without plugs before i put the new ones in but my choke is not hooked up so should the flap on the carb be up or down its down right now

See, this info would have helped. I assumed it was running properly and over choked while warming up.

Have someone hold it closed pump a few times (3) and start it up. Probably won't run without the choke connected to richen it with the fast idle cam on..