1969 510 project "updates"

jeph

also got a question about the tranny mount, i recently bought a 4spd trans off here, not sure what its out of but the trans mount that bolts to the car, the holes dont line up to the rubber insert on the tranny the insert doesnt even fit inside of the mount, does that mean the tranny is out of a truck? if so i need to try to find a 510 rubber trans mount?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not much progress since im getting ready to move soon on the plus side gunna have a bigger garage! also getting a pedal soon and the chrome trim for the hood. just orderd new brake MC and clutch MC and SC has anyone ran different kind of line for the clutch like a rubber line thats steel braided does it effect the feel of the clutch since the hose can expand?

• 2 weeks later...

havent worked on it much due to moving, should be in the new house in few days then back to working on the dime. on the plus side i went up noth today to meet up with (DatWifey) and picked up both pedals and the chrome trim for the hood, also on the way back picked up the driveline, so just need to figure out the trans mount problem and put sh!t on.

• 3 weeks later...

havent updated in a while! just got the internet and stuff on at the new house so more updates comming soon, over past feew weeks, got a new another air dam, installed the driveline, cleaned the su carbs and bolted them on and worked on the body work more will post pics tomarrow!

• 9 months later...

been a while since i been on here been trying to finish my crx track car, but its almost finished and time to work on the datsun again will be stripping it down in the next month and getting it ready for bodywork and paint. ill post some updated pics.

Glad to hear youre coming back... we always need more 69 510s around. Especially when they are local.

yuup, yours is lookin minty by the way! my crx should be out of the garage in a month and the datsun is going back in! i been slacking too long on it and need to get to work on it! i got a full ka swap over the past few months but sold it to get the crx tuned and now i want a l series dont feel right puttin a ka or something else in there.

got a whole swap for early anniversery present! will post pics later, also had a question, does anyone know the specs of the bolts that hole the transmission onto the block and the bolts for the mounts? i can go get the bolts at tacoma screw but they want all the specs.

got some liquid nail for the seams should work just fine, then lots of more sanding and por 15 will go down.

20131007_190212_zps88576f62.jpg

sand blasted a spare manifold i had to go on the new motor

20131007_124717_zps20c505ed.jpg

Got the motor cleaned up and all gaskets changed.

20131007_190112_zpsea925e2a.jpg

anyone in WA have a spare exhaust manifold for sale?

Liquid nails?!? Really?? I would spend a few bucks extra for real automotive seam sealer. Jus sayin.  :rolleyes:

yeah a body shop near my house uses it and said it lasts longer then normal seam sealer and at 2.39 a tube over the 19.00 tube i cant complain.

I have a manifold that needs to be de-smogged and needs the downpipe flange bolts removed. Its all yours if you want it... in Parkland.

cool i shoot you a message, ill give you that rear view mirror if you need one still too.

• Like 1

yeah i gotta put the 510 pan on it because the 521 pan hits the steering rack.

lol I did the opposite....... tried to stuff a 510 pan in my 510....hainz was like nice fit noob....that's a poiwdercoated 521 pan ... u should sell it u could recoup some dough....

• Like 1