1969 510 project "updates"

jeph

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah my dad also had a roadster when i was a kid a red one i remember they might be off that? he was gunna put them on his pickup he has now which is a 521 i think but with some weird motor not even a L series and it has like 32hp lol.

Its probably a J13/J15 then...

yup that was it! a j13 we were gunna put a l series in there but lady we bought the pickup from said her husband put a crate motor in the truck with low miles and it looks brand new in the valve cover so we said shit might as well leave it in there untill it takes a crap which it wont lol. we have took 2000+ lbs loads to the dump in that pickup with that little motor haha

okay so i pulled all the stuff out of the car/trunk to sort it out, wow... looks like im gunna post a huge fs thread i have tons of extra little stuff, hopefully it will help fund my project.

im uploading the pics now, and if you guys could lmk what stuff is rare and what stuff did not come on us 510's would be appreciated!

It's all worthless... Give it to me.

haha trade me some stuff? pics will be up soon of it all layed out too much to take individual pics

stuff i need is

tranny (4 or 5 spd)

driveline for the tranny in a 2door

front marker lenses under the headlights

69 driver fender marker light

anything to lower the front with, shock,coilover, brakes hub rotors lol whole thing

clutch pedal

decent back seat for 2door

so last night sanded alot of the rust off the outside since my car cover took a shit and its pouring rain here now, had a lot of bare metal showing, and snapped a few more pics of the inside.

sideviewprimer.jpg

rustyfloor.jpg

rearinterior.jpg

dash.jpg

anyone know what seats these are? the fit pretty good in the 510

seats.jpg

cleaned up the front end last night and steel whool every little crome piiiiiece man that stuff works good but felt like my arms were gunna fall off when i was done with most of it lol, ill get pics today after work.

anyone know where i look to find out what rear end is in my car? also has any ever heard of a datsun being a stick with no clutch pedal? my dad said when we first got this car it had a stick but no clutch pedal or anything and i guess the guys used to rally it, must be why the qps are smashed and theres soo much rust. but i never heard of anything like that.

tried to work on the qp a little today

Taking off the 30lbs of bondo that someone put on there

bondoremoval.jpg

after taking off the bondo i found out there was huge chunks of it in places that diddnt even have a dent... someone must of just threw it all on there and called it good.

got it to bare metal and primed it up and called it good for tonight

primerqp.jpg

also yesterday i put some of the front end parts on to see how it fit, not too bad, had to spend a few hours with steel whool cleaning all the chrome stuff which has layers of paint on them.

frontend.jpg

havent had a update in a bit, well today i picked up a transmisson so me next day off (friday) im gunna wire wheel the whole engine bay primer and paint it so i can finally drop the engine in that has been sittiong around for years lol. will upload tons of pics friday!

got the motor together gunna pressure wash it tomarrow and change few gaskets, ran into a problem tho.. i soaked all the header bolts with pb blaster and i tried to take the first one off and it snapped... and im scared to take the other ones off now lol, should i heat them with a torch and try again?

2012-11-01182449.jpg

okay so ended up spraying the bay with undercoating/bed liner, looks pretty good and should help keep the engine noise in the bay, started cleaning up the wiring harness also, does anyone have a link to what each wire goes too?? i searched and all they sticky's are all expired and links dont work lol.

Got the Motor in!! man it was a pain in the a$* so get the motor mount studs to go into the holes but finally got it in.

2012-11-02154006.jpg

This is my other project, currently waiting for the cage from art morrison. ( Yeah i know its wrong wheel drive ) but nothing feels better then spinning the tires on the freeway and not worrying about spinning out lol.

2012-11-02154029.jpg

Got the front end to line up a little better.

2012-11-02171057.jpg