• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

out with the old need to find some new

20131012_173843_zpsbe45e3de.jpg

Took the steering rack out and crossmember (the paint on the bay was temporary due to having to leave the car outside one night after i paint stripped the whole bay).

20131012_173832_zpse05f93c8.jpg

couple hours later and half gallon of aircraft paint stripper and about 30$ worth of sand paper i got this.

20131012_194515_zps3070cdf9.jpg

still going to sand that primer filler down and do another coat of primer filler to get any little pits and then prep it for paint.

and this is going to be put back to stock ie: air cleaner, washer bottle, battery and everything, which is why i diddnt bondo any holes shut or cut the battery tray off.

Yes that's normal. The steering box and column should never leave their respective places so the rod doesn't need anything else to stay put.

cool thanks alot, i was praying it was still good lol.

do you happen to have a front panel for sale that goes under the headlights and the fenders attach to? mine was damaged beyond repair, not sure what their called. its the piece thats spot welded onto the car.

update did some work on the engine bay, its not perfect but im happy with it. after a paint fail due to 30 degree temp in the garage i sanded it all again and sprayed it with some rustoleum bed liner, it filled in the pits good from the previous rust and it will be durable and wont scratch.

20131016_185018_zps45bd5d86.jpg

20131016_185105_zpsf5199465.jpg

Looks good. Only problem youll have is bedliner is known to trap heat so you may have some cooling issues under the hood.

alright ill probably keep the thermostat out so it stays cool and i got a nice slimfan to mount instead of the stock one.

You should keep the thermostat in... itll actually help with cooling. It restricts flow to the right speed to keep temps at a certain temperature. Just get a slightly lower temp one and a quality fan.

alright cool will do, next step is to somehow find the specs/thread pich for the 14mm bolts that hold the mounts onto the block and the bolts that hold the trans to the engine so i can go to tacoma screw and pick some up.