New shift knob from Motorsports Auto

HRH

They may be a Z store, but they do have a lot of good stuff! I wanted to replace my D21 shift knob since it's getting rather worth, half the shift pattern is worn off and it just looks kind of crappy. And I need a new shift knob for the 510 also. So I checked out http://www.thezstore.com and turns out they have a wonderful selection of tasteful shift knobs, and not all of them are emblazoned with a Z logo.

I believe they are 8x1.25 mm thread pitch stock. The hardbody is 10x1.25, so I had to drill out the center bit and tap it. Seems to be enough meat in the metal to do that just fine. Here are the results!

shiftknob1.jpg

shiftknob2.jpg

shiftknob3.jpg

shiftknob4.jpg

shiftknob5.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, interestingly enough it was 22.95 per shift knob, and I thought the bill seemed low. They billed me for 23.95 per my online statement, yet the invoice total was 54.36. Going to call them now, bet someone's cash report is off! Well, called and was waiting, think I'm just going to send an email instead.

I have found their shipping times slow and their customer service lacking over the years. took like 2 weeks to get a wheel skin a couple months ago.

Nice knob, I have a sim one in my z. Def wouldnt pay 54 bucks for it though! Def get in touch with them, maybe they billed you twice or something.

No, that was for two knobs, 22.95 each. Good quality knobs, worth it. Stock Nissan replacement was $35 or something even with my hookup. I bought something from them a few years back and it arrived very timely, as did this order. Dunno why the wheel skin would take so long, perhaps they were out of stock. Or maybe it's a custom-order thing like dash mats where they actually make it after you order it.

I would have gone to Autozone to get a shift knob, but I didn't want a lighted dildo handle. :D What MM? You reading this?

Ah I misunderstood, ya for 2 is worth the price for sure. Maybe just check you card statement and see what you were really billed, maybe you got one for free lol. Its funny that one in your hand that you replaced I had in my d21 as well. One day I was backing up a crazy steep hill it came off in my hand lol, what a pita. Miss my d21 when I see your sig...

They sell "wheelskins" brand so I figured they sold me something they didnt have in stock. Had the same issue when I ordered flares years ago and figured they just didnt have any on hand. I honestly dont care why, only that it happens. Looking at forum posts it seems a fairly common issue with them. They have the best selection though and they know it, not much anyone can do but eat it lol.

Is it common practice for you to put a piece of your mail with your address on it in so many of your photos? You're just asking for trouble...... but maybe you're just hoping the right person will show up at your door some evening :sneaky:

I hope Molly got in for her vaccine.... or will soon ;)

I only noticed because he did it a while back sending a photo of something to Brodster. Brody laughed, and messaged him back with the coordinats of his house on google maps. I thought he might have learned after that. Apparently my husband isn't creepy enough to spur any changes.... :rofl:

Haha, yeah, I saw those when I posted, but I missed all the addresses. I think I'll edit those out and repost the pics. :) Thanks for not stalking me Brody and Datwifey! :rofl: (I better lock up my spare Datto bits! ;) )