Soo..Heads Cracked?

CFHdatsun77

The Other Night was driving home from Work with my Datsun which i have been So excited about to drive finally been waiting so long...and out of know where my cab starts smelling so i pull over and Immediately my Hood starts Gushing out with what i believe at the time was Smoke. So lift up the Hood and My radiator is Gushing steam out n After letting that Cool down a bit i open the Cap and to find a Bunch of Oil all up in my Radiator...

The Same Problem we had before we Started this Rebuild on my Motor and we have Gotten pretty much everything new\ rebuilt on this Motor.

Everything But the HEAD. even resurfaced that and got a new valve job. and Pressure Tested it Prior and the motor Place Said it was fine..But what i think maybe is that its cracked but when it heats up it expands and lets oil into one of the water passages. which is why it didnt show up when they tested it. im just taking a guess.

Also my whole clean Engine Bay and motor is now Sprayed With Oil. poop dick.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Same Problem we had before we Started this Rebuild on my Motor and we have Gotten pretty much everything new\ rebuilt on this Motor.

Everything But the HEAD. even resurfaced that and got a new valve job.

What was the same problem? Overheating? Or blowing head gaskets? one can cause the other.

What was the same problem? Overheating? Or blowing head gaskets? one can cause the other.

The same problem we had before Was Oil in my water, there is no water in my oil that is just fine. but as of my radiator it is Pretty much chocolate milk up in that bitch lol.

We pulled off the gasket the first time i bought the truck and the gasket looked fine pretty much new aswell. So after pretty much replacing everything in the head and the motor and the problem persists.

Perhaps your block has an issue.

This is a Different block then i Had before, the first one had a crack aswell so we replaced it before the build hoping that the crack on the block would be the problem. but the problem is still there after this rebuilt one.

you sure the front timming cover is Good????????? where the water pump go the cover can have a crack or looks like termites went thru it. throw those covers away.

If head is pressure cked I would assume its good.

If 2nd block whats the chance if same proplem with blocks?

So either the head or the front cover.

LOOK LOOOK LOOK

this haooen to me and my oil pan filled with water once it pressureized. It was a tiny pin hole in front cover behind the water pump. Lack of anti freeze causes this

you sure the front timming cover is Good????????? where the water pump go the cover can have a crack or looks like termites went thru it. throw those covers away.

If head is pressure cked I would assume its good.

If 2nd block whats the chance if same proplem with blocks?

So either the head or the front cover.

LOOK LOOOK LOOK

this haooen to me and my oil pan filled with water once it pressureized. It was a tiny pin hole in front cover behind the water pump. Lack of anti freeze causes this

Does the front Cover cause Oil in Water? Cause we dont have Water in my Oil. ill have to look when i pull it off.

Oil in water not water in oil??? Hmmm Assume it's not a crack... this leaves the head/block interface. See that little oval copper ring top center of the head gasket? that's the seal that contains the oil under pressure where it comes out of the block and enters the head. The block side has a small orifice or jet to restrict flow. The large hole to the lower right is for the head bolt but to the left is a water passage. Since the head wasn't changed I would have a good look in this area... maybe not sealing properly? warped??? Head bolt not torqued properly.

00770001.jpg

Well at this Point i guess can just try to put a new gasket on it after i check the front cover.. i Know its not Warped for sure cause we had it resurfaced aswell. Hopes its just a sealing problem Cause we torqued it and used some copper coat but ill try again lol.

I have heard of some L-heads getting a crack in the oil passage that leads to a water jacket. When the engine is running, oil pressure forces oil into the cooling system.

This is what it Seems like to Me atleast. just seems awkward that after all this the same problem keeps occuring. Kinda Just made me think its the head cause we replaced everything else, n resurfaced the head. and pretty much did everything by the book.

same thing happened to me, no water in oil, but oil in the radiator and that was because my engine seized and left all the oil in the radiator hoses/ heater hoses. So when i put the new engine in it did overheat, and i thought i screwed the head but it turned out all that oil was from the last engine i had in it.