My dads old 1975 620 DD - Sold now

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx guys, datsun are a labor of love. When my dad said he "could" daily a 620 i about fainted......

then went strait to craigslist!

Update:

my dads been driving it to work every day, says it need the brakes looked at(its got new shoes and springs all around so just an adjustment/bleed) but other than that hes loving the 5 speed and the sound of the truck Gets lots of looks and has co-workers asking about it 

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

since im going to be using my dads truck as a DD while i do my KA swap i figured a once over and quick tune up were in order 

3FF2ABA1-5DE9-45D1-8FA2-D8F51F740743-147

retourqued the head bolts

checked the valve gap

oil chance

new belt

topped off the anti freeze

re timed the motor 

and tweeked with the carb a bit

runs like a raped ape..... for an L motor with a weber it scoots good!

also replaced the broken hazard switch

6FC16C05-5399-4D1D-A849-4B81E0BE5D81-147

then i went to find out why the truck started pulling to the right really bad on my test drive.......

47B4529A-7866-401B-BBDE-9B921F3B9927-147

seems like i found the issue :/

brand new fucking shoes ><

so looks like ill have to do front brakes this weekend :(

• 2 weeks later...
topped off all the fluids

checked all the mani bolts(several were loose causing a coolant leak) 

cleaned her out real good

put in a few missing pieces(knob on the heater control, garnish behind one of the window rollers, ect)

time for my dad to drive her one more time before his hip replacement this Wednesday - then hes down and out for 6 weeks :/ 

well, surgery went well

1388505_10201139237861302_1168305266_n_z

doc said he would be a rock star if he could get out of bed and walk to the bath room. 

he did that, and then walked down the hall 75ft to chase a nurse that was flirting with him!!

which is great for him, but shortens my time frame for my swap...... 
  • Like 2

well the truck started making a horrible screaming bearing noise on the way home the other day, followed by the charge light flickering and by the time i got home the charge light was on.

so i swapped in a new(re-manned) alt figuring that would solve both my issues or at least let me check off one issue and keep looking for the sound

50D50D12-4513-49F4-B6F3-3E22451C8757-168

but oddly it only solved the bearing noise......

so riddle me this?

why when the truck idles does the charge light turn off and when you hit the gas it comes back on till you release the gas and the RPM's come down.........

anywho, while i was int he engine bay i added the new blue bling i picked up from Jrock last weekend 

yummy!

AF8AC84C-8865-4550-B13E-0417C30A50E8-168

D8718418-B9A8-4B76-96B7-110740BD8F31-168

once i have the charge light issue sorted i can DD this truck and take my blue truck down for the KA swap

Sounds like the voltage regulator might be having some issues. May be over charging at higher RPMs?

grumble grumble grumble.......

knew i shoulda just did the IR swap

the mystery continues, i had jacob stop by over the weekend and the alt is charginf fine, and the volt reg is operating fine.....

ive driven the truck for 4 days with the charge light on waiting for it to die on me....

but nothing has happened.