620 tire sizes

bass

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only use 185 R14C type tyres. It's even marked in the registration certificate. So the men in blue can check that and give me a big fine if not to spec. So no other sizes are an option for me - thank the EU for that.

Well, stock means not doing anything with the torsion bars. But even cranked all the way up, you won't get 31s under the front of a 620 unless you stick a body lift under it.

I run 205/75 R14s and they clear fine. I have had as much as 225/70 14s on a stock-height '74.

My '76 Longbed has 265/70 R16s under it, but it also has a dana-30 front axle and some pretty hefty leaf springs up front.

I have 29" (LT235/75R15, 28.9") ones on my other 4X4, and the fenders had to be cut at the bottom, and THAT is with a solid front axle conversion that provides about 3" of lift. 28" will be very close. It'll fit the wheelwell with the torsions cranked but will probably hit the lower fender lips at turns.