rb26dett awd swap :)

i think you z looks great in you avatar!

and btw this really is a great site for info, help, as well as friends..

alot of us really just want to see if your skin is as thick as your attitude, in some twisted subliminal way and if you can get through the first couple lashings (pages of doubt, laughs, never going to happen's, ollz ) than you will have earned some stripes as a ratsuner, and not just a datsuner. i believe a "ratsun" is a datsun that you choose do do what ever you will with it, and put as much time and monies as you wish, as long as when you do drive it your in some way smiling knowing that whatever idiosyncrasies you have differ you car than any other... and that my friend is what a ratsun is to me. B)

welcome and datspeed!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One things for sure, if you ever need a front diff/oil pan, you can most likely get them for free.... i know i gave mine away, didnt need that shit...and most people dont...

Ive got a RB26 in my 240sx, very cool and lots of drooling, but if i had to do it over again. I would have stuck with my built KA-T, more bottom end torque and lighter setup=funner to drive. The 26 is a highyway monster. My stock motor put 325 to the rear wheels, and the HP curve goes all the waythe till redline... long story short car got stolen and blew the motor, second one i put in has twin HKS 2540s power curve is way more towards the end, but when it gets there, weeeeeeeeee!!!!

Seriously? lol I know your not an s30 guy but its not his. Its yet another dream.....

It coincidentally has a RB26 too :lol:

ollz your right i wouldnt have known, in that case what in the hell is he going to chop up... i thought at the very least he had one oic of his car on here...but not one raphy you better get in here and do something for texas ...lmao this thread look like a loose wire next to a b-52 bombers gas tank...

ollz your right i wouldnt have known, in that case what in the hell is he going to chop up... i thought at the very least he had one oic of his car on here...but not one raphy you better get in here and do something for texas ...lmao this thread look like a loose wire next to a b-52 bombers gas tank...

I was unaware my avatar pic had to be my car... guess I was wrong

Good... I feel that if people only get praised for there work and ideas, only do as good as they did and dont perfect there abilities further., im sure INDY510 can attest to this, hes got alot of nay sayers... Dont give up on ratsun because of criticism, feed on on it and prove people wrong including me... make a build thread when you start.

Dont be ashamed for holding the flashlight for dad, i did when i was 15 and had my first car... gotta start somewhere... but, dont think you know everything, because you dont, and only in time will you know this...

Hopefully. Your not like the flowbots and can actually take something apart and actually put it back together...

thanks

it has an rb26?!?! I thought that was impossible.. well that's at least what some people have informed me of ^_^

no one is saying the rb26 is impossible. More just buy the 25 to avoid getting a awd tranny. its the awd part. For sure you will have to make your own oil pan, and plan it around whatever diff you end up using.

no one is saying the rb26 is impossible. More just buy the 25 to avoid getting a awd tranny. its the awd part. For sure you will have to make your own oil pan, and plan it around whatever diff you end up using.

Honestly, i dont know the proccess of putting a 26 into a Z, but all you need is the 25 tranns and oil pan to put on the 26. And its just like any other rb swap... oh course this is RWD only... i know there are lots of Zs with the 26 , most of them are not on forums...

If you do go on HybridZ and make post do not what so ever talk the way you did here they are real strict. There are plenty of members here and on HybridZ that could guide you in the right path. Like any project out there time, money and a lot of patience is needed to complete it, so don't feel discouraged by anyone good luck.

I found this and I has to post it, take no offense it's a joke.

5FCD4B65-FC00-484E-AF88-35C6AD1760DD-4471-000009D5A67AF1A0.jpg

Just curious, but have you worked on a project before, or is this the first? If not, my enthusiasm has greatly decreased ... and dont get discouraged with this project. If you hit a wall, ask someone for help, dont try to half ass it... something like this is going to need attention to detail.

Like i said before, if you know your way around things, give doug a call at fairladymotors /upgarage, hes in WA, but extreamly knowledged in this shit...

Ratsun has helped me alot with wierd stuff like when I have a comp. tranny with steel syncros (most are brass)... i thinks it was 3 pages, doug knew exactly what i was talking about, just over the phone... hes also the one that wired my harness for my 26...