Which One Is More Desirable and Rare?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1968 is more rare/desirable, but also more rare/expensive, hard to find 68 only parts

if it's complete running/driving, it's worth more . but not much more than a complete 1969 goon with a 4speed

unless one has new suspension, shocks, ball-joints, tie-rods, all new bushings, and non 45 year old parts... NO 510 is a "cheap" daily driver

i would go with a 68 but if you really want something rare and different look into a 610 or 710 wagon there not as common as a 510 90% of parts interchange and at least in my opinion they have some body lines and arent boxes

i would go with a 68 but if you really want something rare and different look into a 610 or 710 wagon there not as common as a 510 90% of parts interchange and at least in my opinion they have some body lines and arent boxes

710 > everything else

The aboves.

Ignoring the price...

The '68 is most rare, but many parts are unique to that year making it expensive to restore or replace parts. Every year that supply of used parts becomes even more rare and hard to get. The dogleg makes it not stock or original, but a nice touch if you aren't into that.

The '69 would be second hardest to find parts for.

The '71 shares much of the '70-'73 parts and will look ok with mix 'n match parts where the '68-'69 will stick out like a sore thumb. The L20B makes it non stock but the power and torque is way better. Needs interior.

Are the 68 & 69 exactly the same?

No they are not. Out of those 3 I would really choose between the 68/69. I dont think the L20 is worth the extra $800. And since your minimal description of those two years makes them sound identical I would go with the 68 due to the rarity. Its going to be harder to find parts, but it will be nicer once youre finished. I have a 69 and love it, but would take a 68 easily too. Theres nothing (other than larger engines) in the later years I like enough to want to switch to a non 68/69 ride.