New 74 B210

dattson510

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it doesn't have the park bench bumpers that came 75 and on. I'll post inside pics soon.

Actually those are the park bench bumpers. The 75 is similar just with an upright portion to it. The latter chrome bumpers are actually much lighter, ~15lbs a piece. The ones you have on it now are around ~35lbs a piece (maybe heavier). For comparison the JDM bumper is about 7lbs each.

All weights based on me picking these up so are just guesses.

BTW on the door pillar plate, what is the actual build date?

Not too concerned with the auto trans. Have plans for an L series motor and a manual. :)

You should hang onto the A13, relatively rare as it is a 1 year only, and actually they go pretty decent ~75hp. The auto though totally sucks.

The 74 also has the smaller h145 rearend. If behind an L series you may want to upgrade to at least the h150 from a later B210.

I have a 77 as well that has an A14, 5speed and a webber. How hard is it to swap an auto with the manual? I'll post more interior pics when I get the chance.

Pretty easy, took me about a weekend and couple trips to the pnp. You need the parts of course. You can reuse the transmission mount with 60 series trans if you make up some spacers and drill some holes. Save the auto driveshaft, it will fit the 63 series dogleg speed, the transmission mount is even easier you just need to drill some extra holes.

• 1 year later...

Lost my job and am toying with the prospect of selling my B's. Nothings official, that's why I'm bumping the thread to see if there is interest.

74 with A13 and auto trans. 65,000 original miles. Virtually no rust (there is very little surface in the trunk). Super clean in and out.

77 with A14 and dogleg 5 speed. 160+k. Was my daily but not running due to electrical problem. 32/36 Webber. Ground control coilovers in the front. Body is a little rough but not horrible.

I also have a brand new rear sway bar with all the mounting hardware. A center console. And other little bits.

Looking to sell all as one package (only way I'll sell) or trade both for an early pickup (74 or under)+ cash.  A daily driver truck is gonna help me a lot more than a couple project B's.

$4000 solid