Classic

deejay

I was just wondering on, how rare are old classic 70s skylines I know they look awesome only seen pictures never in person. Is it possable to find them out of country ship them in? Cost wise I bet there a arm leg and first born:) it would be nice to find one and or own one some day even if it starts out as a shell to build up.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they were never sold in america the first skyline to ever be sold in the us is the current gt-r so if you want a hako or a kenmeri your gonna have to buy it from japan land and have it imported

Both of those facts aren't quite true. They continued the Skyline moniker in Japan, but not here in the States. The 350z in fact is part of the Skyline branding. Also, there are the classics here already imported so you could in fact buy one here. There was a 2000 GT 4dr. for sale on CL awhile ago. You could also pick one up from someone like JDM Legends who already brought it in.

Contrary to popular belief, they aren't very expensive to ship over here.

A buddy of mine (Lex on here) has an R30 with an L20ET (Turbo 6cyl L20) that was imported for what seemed like a pretty reasonable price. He was looking for a Gloria/Laurel/Kenmari but couldn't find anything at auction that was worth importing.

If you're really interested, I can try to get more info.

Ya I know j can't afford any thing right now too many projects wishes and dreams. Kinda getting the nac for classic's love the head turners and the respect of someone who knows what u have.

the r34 was the last real skyline imo. it was the last one with an inline 6, not to mention, the g35 lacks all of the body stylings that made the skylines models unique. hell, even the limited 55th anniversary . doesnt have the surflines or the round tail lights.

I think that the G35s actual lights within the tail lights look sorta similar to the previous skylines.

orig.jpg

I think that the G35s actual lights within the tail lights look sorta similar to the previous skylines.

orig.jpg

i suppose. it looks like any other car on the road to me. dont get me wrong, its still a really nice car, but i think nissan should retire the name at this point to preserve its integrity

orig.jpg

The first G's did not have round tail lights like this.

It was rows of parallel LED's.

The one pictured looks much better.

True dat.

I'm really liking the sound the VQ35 puts out though.

The VQ35 sounds rad. Distinct.

Shit will make you turn your head.

Go find a VQ37 VVEL.

You will jizz in your pants.

Such a beautiful, simple machine.

The first G's did not have round tail lights like this.

It was rows of parallel LED's.

The one pictured looks much better.

The VQ35 sounds rad. Distinct.

Shit will make you turn your head.

Go find a VQ37 VVEL.

You will jizz in your pants.

Such a beautiful, simple machine.

Yup, exactly. You can always tell that it's def a VQ, whether it be in a Z, a FX35, or a G.

if the difference between the 37/37VVEL sounds like the difference between a SR20DE/VE, Then yes Sir, I will jizz in my pants.

Edit:

WHOA!!! didn't know this.

VVEL is innovation at its finest.

My Nissan instructor said he drove a 350Z to work and home for a week.

Normal driving. Nothing spirited. 22MPG.

Did the same with a 370Z, VVEL 3.7, 27.5

More power. Instant response. No lag. Better fuel mileage.

It seriously is such a simple mechanism.

Works beautifully.

That video you posted-That's about 12 grand worth of cylinder head.

VVEL ladder and actuator alone are $6,000.

I know a tech that removed 1 bolt on the ladder and never got the car running without replacing the entire cylinder head assy.