New to Ratsun.net

datson4life

Greetings from the valley, im new to this, be patient with me cause i dont get along with computers, thats why i missed this semester of college. I own a datsun 521, ive had it about a year now, i wil try to put pics up, things done to it: weber carb 32/35, new interior (carpet and bench seat), new sound system (pioneer deck, pioneer 6x9s and pioneer 10'' sub), lately been making engine bay look better, and got some chevy rallys with beauty rings last week, hopefully get tires this week, truck is lowered, thats all i can think of for now cause im falling asleep but will update tomorrow hopefully, well i cant figure out how to upload pictures, anyways its orange, no dents, and black primered roof,

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry fellas, still trying to get some pics up, thanks konig209 for the pics, oh and its a 1970 l16 5 speed, got this baby to 95mph and fixing my throtle cause i cant get it open all the way, got what i need a couple days ago from jimmy at top jimmys motorsports, the guy hooked it up, dont know the name of the part but its what the cable grabs on to in the carb, now i can open the throttle all the way, but something went wrong and when i start the truck it revs heka high and the throtle seems to be sitting normal at idle, i will work on putting pics cause i know that would help give more detail to what i mean

i made a mess trying to upload pics haha, anyways some interior pics, tried to do my door panels myself, as u can see im a rookie, they came apart in some areas, some pics of the engine and throttle, whats on the fender is what it used to have, and the wheels i got and hopefully will get tires for this week,

YOu can get new 521 gas cable with the lead end on there to fit perfectly.

The linkage adapter is for a 510 where the Sheeps hook trottle arm goes thru. %21 dont use that. Thay can use the stock 521 likage from the stock carb and bolt to the weber.

very clean interior,I like it.

engine bay looks bad but only in color ,it really looks OK No massive wire harness fuckups or anything.

If you got a SINGLE POINT distributor mabe get a Pertronix ignition conversion unit pn 1741. You use with the stock coil and ballast.

thanks! i think i can work with that cable for now, yes the engine bay is still a mess, but there has been slow progress, i just got a new distributor about a month ago, wish i would of know about the electronic ones, i heard they are like 20 bucks more than what i paid, i will look for the stock linkage and cable soon cause this one is a bit loose, but i still dont get why when i start the truck it revs really high :( everything seems to be in place and set to idle

haha thanks konig209, i put them on a bit ago , will upload pics tomorrow, i took before and after pics.. and i fixed the reving issue, just need to fix the throtle cable tip, trying to make it to the meet at the lake on

saturday, i have to work but ill try to make some time to come by at least for a bit :frantics:

Looking at a earlieer photo looks like you have a dile cut off selinoid on this weber carb.

On valve cover side there is a wire that goes to this. Have a photo of this? looks like it to me.

this controls the idle gas flow. it wire is pulled youll have NO idle.

If you pull the wire and truck still runs then they choke is still on when cold. if warm and its still on the choke might be on all the time. If choke plate is iopen when warmed up. and still high idle ck the speed screw.

Theres instruction on this or on Youtube on how to adjust the weber dgv .

or get soembody to help you with this high idle.

could be part dizzy to adavance also.

you ck the timming? but with high idle it might be hard to get it accrately.

maybe put motor on TDC and ck the roroto position incase off a tooth.

also make sure the cable is slack in the plate. loosen the jam nut and turn it in or out to get slack on the cableso the carb closes all the way.

Ps most 521s have a helper spring to close the throotle as the one on the weber is not strong enough.