skyblue

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

scored these today.

0234F83B-D472-41D2-93F3-A0D9BFE24922_zps

warming up the dime outside the gf's house and her neighbor walked over and asked if i'd be interested in them. he said they would bolt right in. so i said why not, for $20. just have to change the bulb for low beams.

Those are nice but be aware that running a H4 bulb without rewiring your headlight circuit will cause a lot of heat in you original wiring, especially the light switch. I experienced this when I first installed H4s. Didn't cook anything for the few months I ran them but the switch did get pretty hot and this is with the low wattage H4 bulbs. I simply bought all the relays, plugs and wiring and built a harness taking power directly off the + side of the alternator to a relay. The light switch only now activates the relay and your now getting full voltage to the lamps instead of loosing voltage as it runs throught the harness to the light switch, back out to the harness to the bulbs. The extra volts will make even stock Walmart halogens much brighter, running H4's even brighter.

• Like 1

thanks for the heads up. i thought i read that somewhere too. the guy i got them from said people do that when running brighter bulbs and i woudn't have to with these. but better to be safe than sorry. what sort of relays do i have to get. electrical is not my forté.

Dude let me know if you want a full set of brand new ones, there flat glass and nice for 100.00 even. Brand new in the box's.

xcept rays look ricer and why he doesnt wanna use them ...i use autopals   there 28 bucks for two come with bulbs but i do the bad thing and covert to hid

I saw one online a while ago that plugged into the factory female plug and would then allow you to plug in a new style relay. It was around $30 and came with a relay, which seems a bit high. I really don't think it'd be that hard to figure it out. I'll re wire mine one day and do a write up, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

that might be the wrong connection for your headlight but same deal ... plug into harness power and round the relay from the battery and send signal to new light...i don't like suing male and female plugs .. there bulky and allow moisture and so i just hardwire...plus once i go h4 i never go back