520 Rear Tub ***AUSTRALIA***

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wanting to buy a 520 rear tub for my 1965 ute.

if its possible i can arrange shipping

Have you tried Baz at Datsport, he may have a lead on one of these.

The original metal beds are Damn hard to come by. If our American friends can't help, I have seen a 520 which had the back converted to a flatbed style ute.

Obviously no good if you are seeking originality.

Good luck in your quest.

Cheers

Jason

You can use the 520 or 521 box, the only differance is the taillights and the shape of the gas filler door, although I don't beleave you had the 521 shipped to Australia, it would cost a fortune to ship a box over there, but maybe you have boxes like in this photo below over there that you can modify to fit your truck.

DSCN0522.jpg

I've seen 521 in Aus, in fact i'm thinking of buying one there (but it has the tray back which seem incredibly popular with Aussies.

Tray means flatbed, correct?

I was under the impression that Australia didn't import 521s, as I have seen no mention of them in the ozdat.com forum, in the ute section of the forum I see 1200s, 620s 720s, and a few 320s, but not one 521.

Damm I love how we describe things differently. Even in Australia you can go from one State to another and have things described differently.

To confirm Wayno, you are spot on (Aussie slang for 100% correct).

Generally, when we describe a tray, we mean what you would call a flat bed.

Conversely, a rear tub for us (in this context) is a box/bed. Alternativelly, if we describe the rear end of a car as tubbed, we generally mean it has had larger wheel tubs fitted so to allow bigger width/rolling diameter wheels as in a drag racing context.

Cheers

Jason

Personally don't know of any.

Datsport may? Have an idea

A quick google search on the term "freight import Australia" brings up a number of companies who import from the USA.

Problem is I'm guessing, for a one of item like your seeking, they will probably charge a motza.

Have you considered ringing some of the American Car import companies?

Trusty old google brings up this mob, conveniently located in Victoria.

http://victorianamericanimports.com/

Apart from that, I'm out of ideas.

Cheers

quick question but did 520/521 /620 come from japan to Aus with the trays on, or were they shipped as chassis cabs and the trays were made in Australia and put on by the importer? If so were the tail lamps from Nissan or some other make? Thanks!

thanks for that info.

and great to know their not too far from home, didnt know they imported things aswel.

ill have to contact them.

if not ive got something in mind to get one made up by a very talented young dude from melbourne.

steel fabrication is his best quality.

i dont know how they were imported, but im guessing just tray back.

and if soeone wanted a tub, they just made one fit like they've done to my ute

quick question but did 520/521 /620 come from japan to Aus with the trays on, or were they shipped as chassis cabs and the trays were made in Australia and put on by the importer? If so were the tail lamps from Nissan or some other make? Thanks!

Both, we got tubs and cab chassis' in all 320, 520, 521 and 620. It is extremely hard to find the tub versions of the 320 and very hard in the 520 and 521. The 620 is more common with the tub. All cab chassis' had their trays made here in Oz as far as I know.

thanks for that info.

and great to know their not too far from home, didnt know they imported things aswel.

ill have to contact them.

if not ive got something in mind to get one made up by a very talented young dude from melbourne.

steel fabrication is his best quality.

i dont know how they were imported, but im guessing just tray back.

and if soeone wanted a tub, they just made one fit like they've done to my ute

If you have a 320 tray you may get some cash for it here as it is hard to come by. As for a tray for yours I may be able to help you out as I have just bought a 521 parts car. I will pm you.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.