fender rolling/body work

so i finally got my snowflake wheels on my b210. the ylook great but i have a major rubbing issue in the back. it all because of a dent that i havn't really worried about until now. so i need to beat it out but the leaf spring is the way of really whacking it. so any suggestions. i did a bit of "body work with a crowbar but now it moves but has a nice edge that will rip my tire to shreads. i planned on doing my first body work on this dent but not so soon. pics

DatsunB210193.jpg

DatsunB210196-1.jpg

DatsunB210195.jpg

DatsunB210194.jpg

amy suggestions on how to roll this out or beat it out will be greatly appreciated. the wheels seem perfect on the other side.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does it have an inner fender? if so take it out and do some hammer and dolly work if not the only way i can see to do it is to cut the backing metal out do your hammer and dolly work then weld the piece back in

Hammer/dolly or a baseball bat. You'll have to jack the car up a bit to get a fender gap big enough to get a bat in there though. Unless you can cut it PERFECTLY straight, I would advise strongly against cutting the lip. The problem is if you cut it all wavy and ever try to roll it, you'll never get a straight arch, and it WILL look like poo.

You might also think about a bottle jack or scissor jack and a couple of 2x4s

the jack might be best. i don't have a welder or know anyone that welds, so i don't want to cut it out. this is more of how to do this in the driveway with basic tools kinda question. smaller tires wouldn't hurt, but i'd still need to do something. there seems to be no inner fender, maby a little backing metal.

right now they are 205/65/15. way too big. i beat the dent out last night, but then quickly relized i had no turning radius in the front. i was trying to make these tires work because i had them sitting around. they might work on a 83 turbo zx but no good on a b210. what size tires you guys think i should go with? they seem wider in the front. do these rims have like front/back offsets or something?