Kevin Neely's turbo dime

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, James - I had no idea that you were the guy that painted Kevin's dime.

I remember seeing it at Shasta years ago, and I remember vividly how beautiful that car was (even if I'm not a huge fan of purple). Very clean dime.

Whatever happened to Kevin, anyways? I haven't seen or heard of him in a very long time until I saw this thread. I figured perhaps he got out of the Datsun scene.

I remember seeing his SR20DET swap, very clean. IIRC, wasn't his valve cover a metallic sky blue?

I'm going to go bring out the album from Shasta 05 or 06 (can't rememeber) and see if I have any 35mm pics of his car. I believe I do - if I find them, I'll scan and add to this thread.

Off topic: Whatever happened to Mario Lozano? He still into Datsuns? I saw his car at Shasta as well, memory serves... right next to Kevin's. I figured he'd be at Canby at least once!

wow nice to see this thread makes alot of people realize all nice looking datsuns start as projects

finish your projects people and your dime could look like this

Kevins dime has alot of custom work done to it 245 tires under stock rear fenders (WHAT) yes 245s look the next time you see his car

he has been to Genos swaps and Dave Pare swaps his car is BEAUTIFUL nice work james and everyone else who had a hand in this car

Wow, James - I had no idea that you were the guy that painted Kevin's dime.

I remember seeing it at Shasta years ago, and I remember vividly how beautiful that car was (even if I'm not a huge fan of purple). Very clean dime.

Whatever happened to Kevin, anyways? I haven't seen or heard of him in a very long time until I saw this thread. I figured perhaps he got out of the Datsun scene.

I remember seeing his SR20DET swap, very clean. IIRC, wasn't his valve cover a metallic sky blue?

I'm going to go bring out the album from Shasta 05 or 06 (can't rememeber) and see if I have any 35mm pics of his car. I believe I do - if I find them, I'll scan and add to this thread.

Off topic: Whatever happened to Mario Lozano? He still into Datsuns? I saw his car at Shasta as well, memory serves... right next to Kevin's. I figured he'd be at Canby at least once!

Just wanted to chime in, Mario is still around working on Dimes. he is actually working on my Brembos and front cross member. Expensive but does beautiful work.

I saw some neato projects coming out of Datsunboys Socal but I never really hear anything from that end of the Datto community anymore. Some people say they threw in the towell, some people say they are busy as ever - some say Mario doesn't want to do it, some people say he's up to his ears in work. Never could get a straight story - but I'm glad to see things are still running down at TSR. I wish they had a website and a price list/product list, etc.

I remember seeing Mario & Kevin's 510's next to each other and immediately started drooling. Mainly over Mario's TE37's that some how fit like a glove... and they do top-knotch work. Very beautiful indeed.

I love the TSR label.. "I can weld anything except a broken heart!"

And I have never in my life seen such a beautiful weld.. the man means business with a TIG.

James - this thread gives me hope again! Some day... some day. :)

Yep, Mario is still going at it. I work for Kevin on his many ventures and yes he still does have that same 510. He keeps offering me it for sale but his is complete and I do not buy complete projects. Kevin still upgrades his dime and his latest addition was titanium engine bay bolts from Mario. His dime was also featured in June's Modified Magazine. If you want to see some of TSR/Marios products just go to the datsunboys facebook page. His parts are expensive but well worth it since everything Mario does is like art.

Dennis maybe you should by my Coupe. UNFUNISHED PROJECT

Trust me, I have been thinking about it for a a while. I just dont have the room, we are getting ready to add an electric gate, pool and cement in our whole backyard. I might have the room then.