521 drive shaft carrier bearing with bushing

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of a bearing going bad as it doesn't really carry a load, but the rubber doughnut isolator does rot away sometimes. Without the rubber isolator the driveshaft will wobble and act like it's out of balance. The 620 is like that too and I just wrapped a strip of rubber around the driveshaft and clamped it down using the fixture that holds the rubber on the tuck. I only intended it as temporary but it worked so well I left it on for years.

I rebuilt mine on the 620 with a section of rubber hose and a thick layer of 'the right stuff' slathered over it. It was a temporary fix to get to Canby, but it has been holding up great. I really need to order a new one. :lol:

Picture103.jpg

Picture107.jpg

85224.jpg

• Like 1
2eDeYe' timestamp='1340374534' post='706653']

I rebuilt mine on the 620 with a section of rubber hose and a thick layer of 'the right stuff' slathered over it. It was a temporary fix to get to Canby, but it has been holding up great. I really need to order a new one. :lol:

Where's the one a traded you for?

Mine is a 1 piece as well. It is a big block, 4speed Chevelle shaft,( thats what the driveshaft guy told me ) shortened 1 1/16 inch, with forged solid 1310 joints. $260.00 with all new joints and yokes. Bulletproof.

Where's the one a traded you for?

Still got it, it's different than the one on my truck. After looking at both together there was no way I could get it to work on my driveshaft. Hence the right stuff goobered up one. It is still holding up nicely and being driven daily. :)

d06aae3b.jpg

4aeb02f7.jpg

9216a082.jpg

9c36b1a3.jpg

6c12e9c7.jpg

That's hot! :cool:

My truck is not lowered so i didn't have any issues with clearance. Put the yoke in the trans and bolt up the rear end and your good. I happened to find the receipt this weekend, 225 all said and done

Red eye is that linear door lock actuator on your parking brake cable in the second pic...I have been toying wth the idea of line lock for parking brakes but am still thinking of other options.... Line locks can bleed off and I don't wanna see my wagon rolling solo......

Was tOld a one piece will also absorb less power through parasitic loss.....I am replacing my two with a one..... Usig a 620 two piecer and cut the ends off and making our own driveshaft..... So u know there not terribly difficult to build and jus getting a balance at 45 bux.....

Lemme clarify easy to do and even easier to screw up.... Mild fab skills needed must be a very decent welder no body wants to pole vault there datsun

Red eye is that linear door lock actuator on your parking brake cable in the second pic...I have been toying wth the idea of line lock for parking brakes but am still thinking of other options.... Line locks can bleed off and I don't wanna see my wagon rolling solo......

Nah, it's the stock cable setup. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.