questing about smog sniffers on the street

You think this is bad, wait until you come across the ones set up at freeway onramps. No turning around, no other way out. CHP is casually standing outside their patrol car, because there's one down the freeway a 1/4 mile or so down. They had them set up at Interstate 10 and the first two Onramps past the 57 going W/B (Fairplex & Dudley)(to catch the cars coming out of Cal State Pomona). Maybe we should post a locator map with known setup spots?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive gotten pulled over several times in my srt4 and i wasnt speeding or anything. just the looks of the car was enough to hassle me. one time after leaving a fun college party, i was pulled over because my car matched a report of some racers running around northridge. luckily i hadnt been drinking that nite, otherwise i woulda been in real trouble. cops let me go when they realized they were looking for a red integra, not my car (pictured below)

NewPics233.jpg

i took off the rear spoiler, and havent been pulled over since. (prob cuz it just looks like a riced neon)

ive gotten pulled over several times in my srt4 and i wasnt speeding or anything. just the looks of the car was enough to hassle me. one time after leaving a fun college party, i was pulled over because my car matched a report of some racers running around northridge. luckily i hadnt been drinking that nite, otherwise i woulda been in real trouble. cops let me go when they realized they were looking for a red integra, not my car

i took off the rear spoiler, and havent been pulled over since. (prob cuz it just looks like a riced neon)

It used to be a police officer knew your car by its taillights. My grandfather knew all the 40s through late 60s cars because he was LAPD. Thats how I learned. Now it seems that a car is a car to them. If it is the wrong model, oh well, they met their quota for pull-overs.

It used to be a police officer knew your car by its taillights. My grandfather knew all the 40s through late 60s cars because he was LAPD. Thats how I learned. Now it seems that a car is a car to them. If it is the wrong model, oh well, they met their quota for pull-overs.

If they write the wrong model on your ticket, get that shit dropped...

and the sad part is its not that fucking hard i can tell what a car is about 50 feet ahead of me by the taillights cops are just lazy

I *HEART* Tennessee.....

I have a question for those sneaky road setups. What if you are out of state? Do the same laws apply and can they impound your car?

No, they would *suggest* you get a tune up, by mail. No California plates, no problems, just a warning