Got another 510 wagon

zhent

'72 with some minor mods... This makes the '71 stuffed in my garage into a parts car.

2483800143_3f30e2e259_b.jpg

2484613526_9c54e946ca_b.jpg

2483870609_d508c663d1_b.jpg

There were a few things I found odd, like the missing sun visors, the missing door sill plates and the sedan gas cap...

It's good having a complete parts car...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'72 with some minor mods... This makes the '71 stuffed in my garage into a parts car.

2483800143_3f30e2e259_b.jpg

2484613526_9c54e946ca_b.jpg

2483870609_d508c663d1_b.jpg

There were a few things I found odd, like the missing sun visors, the missing door sill plates and the sedan gas cap...

It's good having a complete parts car...

Man Nice goon, Wish mine were that clean.

I think I probably paid more than some... Not sure I want to admit the purchase price... We'll say less than $3k, but not by much...

Aww, don't feel bad. I spend way more than that on my 510! :)

It sure is pretty! Any planned mods/changes?

Currently it has 280zx brakes/struts/alternator, Griffin aluminum radiator, L18 with Single downdraft Weber, the obvious shaved door handles, shaved LP lights, etc...

I have to take some measurements, but I think the setup on my '71 is lower, if so I'll be swapping over my struts. I will be swapping over my Quickor sway bars (front and rear), the SU carbs, the strut tower bar, and the 280zx turbo wheels. Also looking at the latest issue of the DQ and considering using the springs from the back of the '71 to add an extra inverted leaf to my spring pack to lower the back, because it's still stock height.

Lots of options...

zhent,

You said you payed less than 3K. I think you did pretty well. I have over $3500 in my goon. It's nice but I think yours is way better. And I only payed $400.00 for mine. But it needed alot of stuff.:eek:

Don't feel bad about the price. As others have said, they paid way less but to get it to that condition takes more than 3 g's. Shaved handles and lights can cost a lot or a little in metal work alone. Than even a cheap paint job is atleast $500.00. Plus who knows how much prep work went into that. Plus the interior work costs $.

I say you got a great deal. I'd pay 3 g's for that goon.

...and its still not back on the road (mine anyways)

seems like a fair deal.

i have some wagon sill plates avail...

Thanks, I have that covered.

1 suggestion, get rid of the truck tires. Makes it look like a 4 x4 in the back.

I agree, they're 215/60R14... Would fit fine on a Z, but are way out of place on a 510. As soon as I get get money together for new tires it'll get a full set of 205/60ZR15's on my Turbo wheels...