help with a new dime

whats up guys hows it going im currently a 620 owner but lately ive had this wicked itch for a 510 so i just now "literally seconds ago" found a 68 510 510 4 door clean title for $1500 i believe L14 swap dash kinda cracked no door panels or back seat..... should i jump on it or wait for something else... would you guys be able to help out with the missing parts at a reasonable cost???? quick resopnses are much appreciated as im literally talking to the guy now about going out tomorrow and seeing it. thanks ALOT!!!!! for the advice

datsun2.jpg

datsun510.jpg

imagejpeg_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a good price for the east coast, but I usually see 510s on the west coast that are a bit more together at that price. Is it drivable? It's probably an L18 or L20B - the L14 is a smaller engine that Nissan never sold in the USA.

i believe L14

Look just behind the dip stick on the engine block just below the head. The engine size is stamped there on a raised boss.

LseriesID-1.jpg

If it's running I guess $1500 is OK. Otherwise it's going to cost a lot to get it restored. For only twice that you could have a good complete car. The trouble with the '68 was it had some unique parts only on that year.

A lot of those interior pieces may be hard/pricey to buy. I don't know if you are worried about that. How will he let you hear or drive it if there are no keys?

Then again, if you are looking, and this one is complete with the big parts, it may be worth picking up and holding on to at the very least.

GL

Dan

can't test drive but he said he's pretty sure he can get it started for me if i take ill be towing it home. ya those parts concern me not too worried about restore i can do all that here at my shop only worried about parts availibility paint, coil overs, engine, electrical no problem only parts. also concerned about price I'm gettn it for. i don't see many 510's in decent condition for that $ been looking for about 6 to 8 mod

$1500 and a 68 4 door get it if he can get it running for you, the parts will come to you if you are patient. keep an eye out for the parts on here do not go thinking you'll have all the parts etc.. in a month (though you might) set a time line for your build of atleast a year. Like mike said since it is a 68, many parts are 68 specific and sourceing those is what will take the time and patience. I paid $1000 for my 72 4 door and I gotta say for $1500 you are further ahead than I am. but check floors for cancer along with rockers, fender wells and rear quarters. what looked like a 2" hole in my floors turned into a nightmare 6" hole.