Cd player issues

jalen

So i bought a jvc kd-s35 cd player wired it all up and now it wont stay on, and will only turn on when i push the eject button and the shut off. and on the screen when its on and displays the bottom half of the letters. any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wired it right, and even before i finished the whole harness i did just the power and ground to make sure it would work and would turn on and off when the eject button was pressed

it says it needs a

remote. accessory ,front and rear left and right channel speaker wire, ground wire,and battery wire. so what color is the signal wire and where would i put it?

On the harness to the Radio you will have 3 specific wires, Black, Red, Yellow. These are universal to all radios.

Black = Ground

Yellow = Battery power

Red = Accessory power (what I called Signal, as it tells the radio it is ok to turn on)

My guess is that you dont have the Red hooked up properly, as the radio turns on to eject (has power), but does nothing otherwise. Almost all radios will turn on temporarily to accept CDs or eject them.

no i was digging in the harness and somebody removed the accessory wire completely, so whats the best way to re-wire the red wire to the ignition?

Hmm, well, you have 5 wires coming out of your ignition switch. 1 is accessory power. I do not know Z car wire colors. Quickly looking at a wiring diagram shows maybe blue with red wire from the switch.

Tap into that (easy to do with a scotchlock, but they look ugly), and run the wire to the red.

no i was digging in the harness and somebody removed the accessory wire completely, so whats the best way to re-wire the red wire to the ignition?

easiest way is to find something that turns on with your key, and splice off that, not neccesarily the right way, but the easiest

Wouldn't that reduce the voltage going to the cigarette lighter?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: You dont split voltage like that. It will remain 12v. What will happen though is you will take up amperage. The more of a draw the more amps, and well with a 20amp fuse, that is your max amperage...

I have a inline 1 amp fuse for my accessory power, it doesnt blow.

And finally, the accessory power line for the radio does not actually get used to for powering the radio (that is what the battery power line is for), all the accessory power line does is simply tell the radio when it is allowed to turn on. It draws very minimally from that line.

Jalen: Use the cigarette line.

Carlos, tapping into the wire like jalen is suggesting is called parallel. Meaning anything connected to that line will get 12v. Now say if this was a series connection, the voltage would be used up more like what you said.

in cars though almost everything is run in parallel.

WTF

cig lighter always has 12volts on it all the time. When you push the cig light in your grounding it. thus heating it up.

Cig circut is the COMMON circut on the fuse box. which is the door buzzer also and light in engine bay if equiped.

the aircond fuse is under the fuse box if one wants to run a switchble 12volt to a stereo or fuel pump ect.........

why dont one use the radio wire in the first place to turn the radio ON.

If you want constance On then you risk battery going dead. Find acces on switch or wire to battery or the Common cig light circut