Frustration\Unhappiness

Maybe this is not the right place to express my frustration and unhappiness but it's Datsun related. If you don't like it then please just ignore this and move on to next post that interest you.

Went through an ugly divorce several years ago and still experiencing the ongoing aftermath of it. It feels that it has no end to it.

Recently found out that the Ex has brought it in my 1968 Datsun 510 from Malaysia. Technically it's ours cause anything that you ownacquire during the marriage is shared and that's including bills, 401k, assets.......

She's asking at least $9k initially to cover her expense and I can't understand how she accumulated such an expense for shipment. Car was no more than $400 USD when I got it there. With my current financial situation, I know that I should not spend that kind of money because there's more important things to take care of like my son's private school tuition.

Having a hard time letting it go knowing that it's partly mine and it's being sold without my permission since she thinks it has nothing to do with me.

I did not declare that property cause I considered it as a loss and can not do anything about it. That was a mistake.

My obsession for Datsun is not helping. To top it off, I collect rare parts specially 68' 510. Keep telling myself it's just a car, it's just a car over and over. I admit, something is wrong with me and it's not normal to have this kind of obsession and passion.

I was once told that a woman's scorn is very dangerous and never forgive.

Was also told that my first mistake was being born as a man and man is always at fault.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

You know that is a hard thing to make a call on.

Myself when I knew my former Marriage was going titters,I had a 510(still have it) hid it,And she never knew about it,

Cause she was and is a revengevile BITCH,

I did not give this one up..

Did give up alot for her.

But not this one........

Hope this gives you a bit of insight(not the same but kinda )

Good luck to you

I think you should let this one go, even if you do get it every time you see it you will remember the battle that you went through to get it. Find a nice 68 2 door and fix it up with all your NOS parts :D 68 4 doors aren't near as rare.. She will find out quick that it isn't worth what she wants. Unless it is really nice :D

I'm not sure if I understand the problem... your ex wants $9000 from you because the car is worth $18,000? Or did she spend $9000 on it recently and wants to be reinbursed?

ask for receipts and go from there.

I guess I was fortunate. My 280ZX wasn't running during my divorce (~$500 value), my truck was running but worth very little, and the Fairlady title was never transfered to my name until long after the divorce. The ex made off with our Altima which she quickly totaled. oh well! :)

I'm not sure if I understand the problem... your ex wants $9000 from you because the car is worth $18,000? Or did she spend $9000 on it recently and wants to be reinbursed?

ask for receipts and go from there.

I guess I was fortunate. My 280ZX wasn't running during my divorce (~$500 value), my truck was running but worth very little, and the Fairlady title was never transfered to my name until long after the divorce. The ex made off with our Altima which she quickly totaled. oh well! :)

Asking to take the my car from her and reimburse her of the shipping expense.

She will not disclose information to me let alone receipt.

So my guess is to make profit out of it.

The car's value as is no more than $4000 cause of actual Bluebird can be had for $8000 or less.

But it has more sentimental value to me than any buyer.

I found it, I fixed it and I payed for it.

I think, will have to let his one go.

Who knows, will find another one like it (unlikely).

It's equipped with L13 with a 3 speed manual column shift that no one really cares but me.

Yup, F&^% it and move on.

i just lost my ex-fiance' and i gave up more than i had and until last night was giving up more just to try to win her back. i was a douche bag and made her leave me (i dont have a full time job but make enough to support myself) and so when Mr. Fat ass slob came along to replace me (i look pretty descent....pic below, lol) i got jealous and tried to win her back. spent money i didnt have, did things i didnt want to....but i win! last night she came over and we watched 27 dresses....not that bad really, lol....but i fucked her afterwards. score one for me. next time i see that fat ass and he says some shit to me, hey, i fucked her one last time a few weeks after you started talking. score 2 for me. plus i can kick his ass if he gets frisky, but i really dont want to. moral of the story? dont be dumb like me, if she wants out, let her go CHEAPLY!

jawnathan.jpg

(not really me)

i just lost my ex-fiance' and i gave up more than i had and until last night was giving up more just to try to win her back. i was a douche bag and made her leave me (i dont have a full time job but make enough to support myself) and so when Mr. Fat ass slob came along to replace me (i look pretty descent....pic below, lol) i got jealous and tried to win her back. spent money i didnt have, did things i didnt want to....but i win! last night she came over and we watched 27 dresses....not that bad really, lol....but i fucked her afterwards. score one for me. next time i see that fat ass and he says some shit to me, hey, i fucked her one last time a few weeks after you started talking. score 2 for me. plus i can kick his ass if he gets frisky, but i really dont want to. moral of the story? dont be dumb like me, if she wants out, let her go CHEAPLY!

jawnathan.jpg

(not really me)

hey man

Your dealings with your lady is way off from what I'm dealing with.

But good luck with that.

Based on your story, you have a long way and a ton of things to learn.

Asking to take the my car from her and reimburse her of the shipping expense.

She will not disclose information to me let alone receipt.

So my guess is to make profit out of it.

So the divorce is final and this is just between you and her?

If the car is in your name, go take it. There must be a LOT more to this story...

If the divorce is not final then you can demand proof of expense.

I think, will have to let his one go.

Who knows, will find another one like it (unlikely).

It's equipped with L13 with a 3 speed manual column shift that no one really cares but me.

Yup, F&^% it and move on.

I want an early 68 bad! The side dome light is sick, the 3 on the tree is just bad ass! One day I will find one :) hopefully we both find one :)

In the '80s, I was with a lady that was smart, beautiful had a good job and a cool car. We bought a fixer upper for $110. I worked on this place for two and a half years. I jacked it up, excavated a full stand up basement, retaining walls, all new perimeter foundation with enough steel and hold downs, built to withstand the "big one". I completely re plumbed and re wired the the house, all new windows, doors, gutted the interior, moved rooms around, built two new bathrooms and the kitchen. I cut in trick skylights and put on a new roof, insulated the hell out of everything.

I ran my contracting business sixty hours a week and still worked every night until the neighbors complained. I worked sixteen hours days every weekend and packed up all my tools so I could go to work on Monday. I used salvaged material from my jobs and paid cash for everything. If I needed help, like pumping 25 yards of concrete for the foundation, I traded my time straight across for work on my brother or best friends houses. I never had a day off in over two years.

The last six months, she started bitching about how long every thing was taking. She never lifted a finger to even sweep the floor all this time. I built things on that place that I would never let a customer talk me into. I built a custom walk in closet for her with a stacked washer and dryer, built in dressers, hinged full length mirrors and a second door into the master bathroom.

Everything was trick. It was by far and away the nicest house for miles around. It was my house and I thought that I would have a grave stone out in the back yard. I worked from sun up to sun down for five solid months to get everything finished and get back to a normal life.

To make a long story short, I came home one day to get a check book. I didn't realize any body was home, but heard grunting in the master bedroom. She was in bed with her Sunday School teacher. I left and they never knew I saw them.

I tapped my phone line and listened to them plot against me for two months before I just lost it. I packed up my two cats, TV and bookkeeping stuff on the front seat of my truck and left. I left thousands of dollars worth of wood working machines, power tools, construction equipment and materials in the garage, yard and out buildings.

I don't have the time or energy to tell how all this came about, but she got a lawyer right away and filed a restraining order. I never went back to that house. Eventually, I got $20K when she sold the place for $480K.

That put me in a hole that I have yet to climb out of. It took me a long time to realize that I had to let it all go, or it would eat me up from the inside out. I could have, or maybe should have fought it, but it just seemed like the lawyers were going to take it all, and I was emotionally crushed. I didn't have the energy to fight. It was all I could do to just drive away. I just wanted out, wanted to hurt to stop. I had to borrow five hundred bucks from my brother for a deposit on a crummy little apartment, because I had just paid for all the kitchen appliances.

pl521sss, I'm not trying to give you advice here or minimize your situation or anything... I'm just telling what happened me. The lesson for me was that it is all just stuff. I have seen houses burn down in four minutes flat and half million dollar race cars reduced to scrap in a heartbeat. It's all stuff, It ain't who we are.

In '00 I fell thirteen feet off a deck I was framing and almost died. Big wake up call. In '04 my girlfriend and I got hit by a 16 year old red light runner and totaled our car, broke her back and three of my ribs. That took a year out of our lives.

I was just about to start working on my truck when that happened. I had to think long and hard about investing the time and money into a junk Datsun. Yeah, it's still my truck and I have an emotional attachment to it but, I could lose it today and still ain't going to change who I am. It's still just stuff.

I lived to fight another day.

Went through an ugly divorce several years ago and still experiencing the ongoing aftermath of it. It feels that it has no end to it.

my ex took a crow bar to my wagon :cursing: and its been ~2yrs and i still havent finished dealing/repairing w/it.

luckily??? it was mine before we got married so i didint have to split the 10K i said it was worth to take her to court over. delay after delay...

saddest is that you have kids involved in this nightmare (i do too)

sounds like a no lawyer situation, if she brought her/your car in w/o your input, it sounds like its her costs and not yours. (verbal that she got the car???)

no $$ w/o receipts! shell need to provide them and it make not help her get any more from you for it.

have you actually seen the car?

So the divorce is final and this is just between you and her?

If the car is in your name, go take it. There must be a LOT more to this story...

If the divorce is not final then you can demand proof of expense.

Divorce is final 3 years ago.

There's more to the story and it's my short version.

It's not under my name, she controlled all the finances when spend and not to spend. I was the provider and she's the controller. I mean the controller of everything. It's her homeland so I couldn't get any help to bring it in myself. Yeah, she wore the pants in the house.

It's now between me and her if I choose to pursue it.

I want an early 68 bad! The side dome light is sick, the 3 on the tree is just bad ass! One day I will find one :) hopefully we both find one :)

Icehouse: You need to sell your other 68 to me cause you don't need two.

my ex took a crow bar to my wagon :cursing: and its been ~2yrs and i still havent finished dealing/repairing w/it.

luckily??? it was mine before we got married so i didint have to split the 10K i said it was worth to take her to court over. delay after delay...

saddest is that you have kids involved in this nightmare (i do too)

sounds like a no lawyer situation, if she brought her/your car in w/o your input, it sounds like its her costs and not yours. (verbal that she got the car???)

no $$ w/o receipts! shell need to provide them and it make not help her get any more from you for it.

have you actually seen the car?

It is the toughest part of a divorce is the involvement of our kids.

I can feel their pain and it's 10 times more painful.

Actually I was ready to give up all of it including all of my Datsuns.

She will never give it to me now.

She will forever hates my guts.

If you look closely on my white sedan, there's big crack on the windshield. :mad::mad:

Courtesy of my EX. They will find ways to hurt you and your Datsun is no exception.

Figbuck, your a wise man and your input is always welcomed.

I got my freedom, lost my marriage.

And still got my good health and happy kids.

It's just a car and I will get one if it means that I go to Japan.

Besides, I love sushi

Sushi and Sake

Sushi, Sake and Japanese babes :D:D:D

I am fairly young but was told I have an old mind. I don't know what you have tried to work out a deal... and eduction is better than a car. Try a sit down its seems to me when adults get together and talk and hash things out common ground is found... involving a lawyer would be to expansive and you might as well give her the 9g's but maybe she is willing to bargain... who knows doesn't hurt to talk things out.

Good post, bring us back to reality Figbuck. Its all just stuff. Fun, but just stuff. Having been through a couple divorces I feel for you all, it does get better though. My wife and I have been married for 14 years this month after two other failed marriages and I couldn't be luckier. She is the greatest. It will get better.