My 510 photoshoot..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Im a photographer myself I will pass on some constructive criticism:

The Bad:

1. Knock it off with the JDM angles (though I do like 1 and 8)

2. Some of the photos are unnecessarily dark/shadowed

3. I would have corrected the warm tint to all the indoor shots (e.g., its too warm)

4. Why is there a Firebird in the background of 7/8 (and in 7 the hatch is open)

5. No interior or engine shots?

The Good:

1. Car looks like its done really well

2. Images seem to have pretty good composition for the most part

3. I really like 1 and 8. Some others might be savable with a bit of PP.

4. You have less than 10 posts and ou have shared like 20 photos... that never happens. We love pictures here.

Now that sounds harsh, but it will only make your next set awesome.

Please make a build thread and share with us the rest of the car. Welcome to the site.

• Like 1

The Bad:

^^I agree with this the most.

In general, I think you did very well. The lighting on the majority of the pictures seems to be spot on. This reminds me, I need to get my recent pictures up.

The Bad:

3. I would have corrected the warm tint to all the indoor shots (e.g., its too warm)

4. Why is there a Firebird in the background of 7/8 (and in 7 the hatch is open)

The Good:

4. You have less than 10 posts and ou have shared like 20 photos... that never happens. We love pictures here.

Please make a build thread and share with us the rest of the car. Welcome to the site.

Thanks, my friend took the pictures, I do like automotive photography too, so constructive critizism is ok, I bought the car last year, it looked like this..

390405_10150928380085655_581220654_21851977_1434941183_n.jpg

interior and engine needs work, that's why he didn't take any pictures there...

376363_10150928378565655_581220654_21851966_1150059829_n.jpg

It came with an l20b and dogleg trans...

297149_10150928382060655_581220654_21852002_787099259_n.jpg

I do hate that "cai" thing and the way the battery was hooked, remeber these pictures are from last year when I bought it...

and here are some pictures I took before I installed a diy coilover kit from technotoy's..

SAM_2197.jpg

SAM_2266.jpg

SAM_2280.jpg

SAM_2283.jpg

JDM angles seem to be the Instagram of automotive photography. Just because its at some crazy angle, doesnt instantly make it awesome.

Edit: Those are really high-backed seats... what are those from?

The car already had them when I bought it, a friend told me it looked like it came from a Prelude.. now I want to start a build thread.. :rofl:

Yeah, that CAI setup is crazy! Im not a fan of those pedals, but overall the car is really nice. Looks like you got yourself a pretty sweet ride. Are there many 510s down by you?- I think theres another forum member here that from GT, but hes moving...

Yeah, that CAI setup is crazy! Im not a fan of those pedals, but overall the car is really nice. Looks like you got yourself a pretty sweet ride. Are there many 510s down by you?- I think theres another forum member here that from GT, but hes moving...

Thanks, paradoxxx is the other member, there are some nice 510's here...

there are like 3 510's with sr20det, and other great examples..

img1193bi.jpg

these two are from the same owner.. (these pictures where taken by the same friend that took the pictures of my car in the 1rst post...)

img1275k.jpg

img1283tj.jpg

actually, all these cars belong to him... :thumbup:

img1199rl.jpg

Car looks good, regardless of the picture angles. I'm not a photographer of any scale so it's all fancy hocus pocus to me when people talk about filters and stuff. :rofl: The prelude seats look high because in the prelude they mount directly to the floor pan, so when you stick them on 510 brackets they are higher than they were in the original car (they are also just really tall seats)

Good call on changing the mirrors too, those red ones were pretty funky looking. What size tire are you running, I'm very impressed with the fitment.

Car looks good, regardless of the picture angles. I'm not a photographer of any scale so it's all fancy hocus pocus to me when people talk about filters and stuff. :rofl: The prelude seats look high because in the prelude they mount directly to the floor pan, so when you stick them on 510 brackets they are higher than they were in the original car (they are also just really tall seats)

Good call on changing the mirrors too, those red ones were pretty funky looking. What size tire are you running, I'm very impressed with the fitment.

tires are 195/50R15 on 15x7, I would like to change those rims tough... Thanks.

I haven made my mind up, but maybe 15x8 rota grid, shakotan or new enkei 92, but I don't know if I can play with the offset so I can have 15x8 and still be that low...

little_nicky_004.JPG

little_nicky_005.JPG

These are 195/50/15 on 15x8 +0's with a roll and a 1/4" pull. Owner said that they clear then fender fine, but run slightly on the door frame... so stiffer rear springs would have solved that.

The Bad:

The Good:

damn son if i got u your wheels sat maybe u would been a little easier on this pic thread ... i think it looks dope...hope u didn't spend all weekend pissed like this....maybe the skinny in your jeans little too tighty.... :sick: :w00t:

ps i like the photo shoot....even if old type pants , king of jdm tristan aint diggin it...

tristan hot topic is having its once yearly sale today :poke:

omg tristan thats a camaro not a fire bird ....what is wrong with u....not the best years of camaro but still not a fire bird

Camaro and Firebirds are the same car... Im over it. I will admit that I know nothing of American cars, so take it as you will. I wasnt being harsh, I wouldnt have even said anything if I knew they werent his photos; I was trying to help. Ive done a lot of automotive photography in my day lol.

Anyway, I still thought the pics were good because the car looks good in general.

PS. Maybe I wouldnt be such a Grumpy McSkinny Jeans if my rims were done when promised :poke: By this pace, maybe I can mount them by Canby 2013.

shit, on your budget... tires wont be here till x mas....2013.....i was just yanking your chain... didn't know u were all butt hurt u gotta work and miss the hot topic sale..... i got your wheels right here.....keep an eye out...

i like the first set of pics.... car is dope....like that green goon...

shit, on your budget... tires wont be here till x mas....2013.....i was just yanking your chain... didn't know u were all butt hurt u gotta work and miss the hot topic sale..... i got your wheels right here.....keep an eye out...

i like the first set of pics.... car is dope....like that green goon...

Haha Im all stocked up on "vintage" gamer tees and fingerless gloves... Son Im standing by to purchase tires.

I agree that that green wagon is dope. Not really a big fan of ragtops, but it looks legit. I didnt know there were that many clean Dattos down there.

The Bad:

The Good:

A link to see the photos you have shot?