Bedliner, or other options?

Jasper

Hey guys, what did you do to the beds of your trucks? The paint is peeling in mine, and it's starting to rust. I was wondering if I should just rattle can the bed, or if I should roll in some bed liner, or what. Curious as to what some of you guys did.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting

And LOL.

I have some 2K primer sealer left over, so I think I'm just doing to paint the inside of the bed with that. Just use a wire brush to quickly scrape off the majority of the peeling paint/rust, then clean it up with a rag and some acetone/water. Then primer it. Don't think it will take too long.

• Like 1

I used Raptor Spray in bedliner. The kit comes with 2 bottles of material which is more than enough to apply two coats. All you need is a compressor and a spray gun to lay it down. Spraying is more effective and covers better than rolling. I have used both methods.

Raptor Kit at Wesco is approx. $150

Cheap Spray Gun is approx. $35 at Harbor Freight

Under $200 is much less than the garages will cost you to spray in a bedliner. The only prep is to wire wheel the rust spots, spray it out with water, let the bed air dry, then apply above 65-70 degrees.

• Like 1

I used that Rustoleum shit with kevlar in my truck, 100$ and it's still lasted a while, doesn't chip or anything and i throw wheels and shit back there all the time.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

I used Raptor in my F250 because it got the best reviews, and even bought an extra bottle of the stuff.  I followed their directions to the letter.  Its been 6 months, and 50% of it has peeled off.  Go Line-X or paint.  Unless you get the thickness of a commercial spray-in liner, its crap.  If you don't use it as a truck, hen just paint it so its pretty.  Automotive grade paint is better than any hardware store bed liner.