Bosozoku-Bippu-Kyusha-Shakotan-Zokusha Car Picture thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20k on a ruckus is ridiculous to me but looks like hes livin the dream out there 

I thought so too, but he broke it down for me on that build: price of the bike, all the custom metalwork he did himself, custom paint, stretched and lowered, 150cc swap from 49cc, bored and stroked from 150cc to 180cc, most parts were 24kt plated, a bunch of parts shipped from Japan, and he now has a custom scooter that he gets to ride in the most beautiful place in the World (with a top speed of about 150mph). Its all this guy does... he owns that car shop only to feed his Ruckus addiction. His shop is open to all his friends that need space to work and hes a great guy. 

I had never met the guy in person and when me and a buddy showed up we had just missed a large meet... for a warm welcome, he let us into his shop, let both of us borrow bikes to ride around town in, and gave us free shop t-shirts. Cool guy. 

Oh I def believe the money was spent I would just have a hard time justifying it is what I meant. Shit 20k? Thats real close to a lot of j-tin love on my top 10 lol. I saw a very clean kenmeri with a built l28 sell stateside for 22k last year, haku roller with interior, for 15k before that. 

Personnel, I could do without Yutas hunk of crap. Never understood why that Z got so much attention.

At the time, it was original. There's basically 3 different Zs in the world, and every one you see is just a copy of one of those 3. It's noteworthy when someone thinks outside the box and builds something unlike any other version of that car. Now that his look has been copied 20 times, it's not so original any more...

Like this. Don't know if I love it, but damn it's unique...

08e5de9d.jpg

• Like 1
it was never original. it was just low, wide wheels, and ZGs. that combos been around for ages.

Just trying to answer his question. I don't recall seeing many (if any) US cars that low with that wide of wheels on them. 

Funny that a lot of the Z guys I know hate it, but most of the Z haters I know like it...   :rofl:

In regards to yuta he didnt build anything. Slamming a piece of shit isn't "building" its destroying. He fucked up a Z real good and lots of people enjoyed it.  
I agree it was never original. It was however the right car at the right time since lazy slammed pieces of garbage were and still are growing in popularity very quickly. I never liked his Z but its not because of his taste so much a its been an inspiration to every idiot kid that wants to follow suite and ruin some z's. Some are even on here... 

Taste is subjective but ruining cars that are dwindling fast is unforgivable. Yutas z will never be a nice z again it will be that hunk of shit it is until its in the scrap yard and thats really sad. 

annnnyway Japan and their hot air dams have had me wanting an s130 for a while now lol. Bastards....

• Like 2

My personal opinion is that S130s are only good for their front struts... never have liked the looks. I do like S30s though, but the changes made I didnt like. Even with the help of the Japanese tuning scene, there are probably less than 3 S130s Ive ever found appealing. 

Theres a guy that makes replicas of that front air dam.

One of my most favorite S130's is a guy over on HybridZ goes by slownrusty he has been working on it for many years and slowly getting it finished, I have the same exact air dam on my Z i think it compliments the lines of the S130 the best out of any other air dam I've seen and i think his is the nicest S130 in the states just from all work that's been done so far.

SlownrustyS1302.jpg

SlownrustyS1301.jpg

SlownrustyS1304.jpg

SlownrustyS1303.jpg

SlownrustyS1305.jpg

This one is from another member on there with the same air dam.

ZXIA2.jpg

Where does one get this airdam?  B)

Also, any idea the specs on those RB-Rs? 

Rota RB stagger package ...

http://www.racinglab.com/rota-rb-280z.html

Those 17's look good, but they look a little big on a ZX.  I'm thinking a 16" or even a wide 15x10 with a 225-50 would look great but would take away from the rolling diameter.  

I'm still looking for the right tire option on mine. 

Rota RB stagger package ...

http://www.racinglab.com/rota-rb-280z.html

Those 17's look good, but they look a little big on a ZX.  I'm thinking a 16" or even a wide 15x10 with a 225-50 would look great but would take away from the rolling diameter.  

I'm thinking the RB-R in a 16x8 +0 would look good too? Maybe need some spacers...

I dig the 17s, but the only car I've seen them on in the flesh was poking in the rear 1/2". Don't know what was different about his car and the cars pictured in that ad...

280zx_rb_stagger1.jpg