swear to God i searched! intake wont come off.....

Llittle_Llama

carb002.jpg

just the other side of my carb, this is where that wire attaches, what the hell is it!?!

It's the electric choke

carb007.jpg

ok, what is the thing on the right with the hose thing on it? it was capped when i bought the truck, so i have no idea what it goes to. there is no place for it on the new intake, so i want to be sure it's all taken care of where it originates from.....

I think it's to do with the air pump. Not to worry with the L16 one.

carb009.jpg

the hose barb things that came off of the L20 intake dint fit so i had to find some that kinda fit at the parts store, lol. the one for the brake booster fit PERFECT, but the one for the coolant line i think it is was stripped and HUGE and i had to just re-tap it..... kinda.....i just got the biggest one they had and screwed it in. does anyone suggest any sealant in addition to that? it's just barely in there..... the hole was pretty big

Use teflon plumber's tape to seal the threads. Make sure it's in tight! Even if you have to re-tap the hole. This is part of the cooling system and will be hot and under some pressure. Get gear clamps for both those hoses!

carb010.jpg

these are the holes for the EGR....i couldn't even clean them with a flathead, something melted inside it looks like, same with the holes on the EGR thing, lol

PO may have tried to solder the holes closed , or maybe JB weld?

carb011.jpg

this is the L20 intake where the throttle cable bolts on....

carb012.jpg

and this is the 16 with no provisions for a throttle cable.....any suggestions?

This L16 used a linkage not a cable. I dunnow, maybe drill and tap it.

carb013.jpg

these are the 2 new holes the stock mani didn't have, i assume the pcv goes to one, and i bought a new pcv valve, but i don't see where one was installed before..... should i just plumb this one in? is there a different one i need since i am running this intake?

Connect the PCV valve to where ever it will fit or work best. The second hole is probably for a vacuum source for carb air heat thing in the air filter snorkel. You don't have it, so if you don't need a vacuum supply just put a brass pipe plug in it.

carb014.jpg

this looks like the place where the heat shield bolted on on the L20 intake, is it the same for this one?

Looks like where the brace for the stock air filter bolts on to the intake.

carb016.jpg

and last of all, can/should i port this little bit that doesn't line up exactly right? just the little crescent moon shape off the the right.....

Sure, no harm in that. Spray a little paint on the manifold surface let dry, mount the adapter and scratch a line with a nail. A small curved wood rasp will speed that up, then rough sand paper.

Lookin' good. Use teflon tape on any threads that connect to the vacuum side of the intake or the cooling system.

mike

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my l16 intake and carb out of a JY and the carb had a bracket that fit on two of the mounting bolts, and held the throttle cable. somebody should have a pic of one, if not I'll try to get one posted tomorrow.

its kind of a big deal. it could stick fully open. mine has. I just made a little plate and bolted it where one of the intake bolts are.

DSC05239.jpg

made a little hole for the spring and just hooked it to the throttle on the weber. works great.

kinda blurry but you get the idea.

you don't have to hook it up if you dont want a choke. but I wouldn't remove anything. if it works, dont fix it.

choke's are nice in the morning. but currently i am not running a choke. but mine is manual and I just dont have a cable hooked up.

I say just put the weber on and later if you want a choke you have that option still.