what berrings do you use when you rebuild

ok so since i had the whole problem with my head and they are reringing the block for free. I was wondering where do you guy's get your bearing set's from?

what brands do you use? I was thinking of buying a set from napa because i get a discount from work . any one used the napa bearing kit to re bearing there engine?

my engine is a l20b

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Napa generally sells Clevite bearings, right? I used those in my Chevelle engine, and haven't had any problems... The L20b I built for my 620, I used Calico Coatings "Dry Film Lubrication" coated ACL bearings, and I've spun 2 rod bearings so far... I should have had the rods resized though, I'm pretty sure that was my problem.

I,ve done several l20b,s for our racecar and because my son worked at carquest at the time we used their parts.

the bearings are sealed power brand. You should have no problem with the NAPA parts.

Now... please consider using NEW rod bolts, the oem ones.

And NEW head bolts the turbo ones. You can get this from the local dealer and its the cheapest engine insurance you can get.

We run the l20 hybrid in our ministock at 8200 for hundreds of laps and no problems

Not the cheap way to go, but it will be bulletproof!!!!!