Looking for Open Head... A87? U67?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not the more common U-67. They only came in open chamber 45.3cc volume. You would have to drill two small water holes for the coolant passages in your intake. Big valves and ports and square exhaust.

Why not the more common U-67. They only came in open chamber 45.3cc volume. You would have to drill two small water holes for the coolant passages in your intake. Big valves and ports and square exhaust.

Well the A87 in the title was only a suggestion... I dont think I have ever laid eyes on a U67 or seen one being sold. I always thought A87's were most common next to 210s.

So sure U67 too!

I've seen a lot of U67's at the PnP lately. I always check the heads on the 620's when I go. see mostly u67, and a87. and few w53 or 58 smog heads.

Im just scared about most of them currently at the JY, as the most recent vehicles were placed on the lots like 2 weeks ago, and we have had lots of rain.

• 2 weeks later...

How complete does it need to be? I am pulling apart a L20 with an A87 but it was run out of oil. Still runs fine (besides the rods knocking) and SUPER clean on the inside, no noise from the top end. I'm pulling it apart this weekend and will let you know if it is an open chamber.

I have an open a87 with Z valve seats installed. It is clean, but absolutely bare. Do you have a core head to pull hardware from? I would have to dig around for the hardware ( and the head for that matter) I would need to get $100.00 for it (bare) to pay for the seat install.