Flatbed for my 720

thanks wayno, the details are what takes the most time, I got two pieces of alum. diamondplate cut. one for the headache rack and one for the rear bumper, but i should have waited until I was finished with the cab guard, as once I started building it I decided that the distance from the horizontal bar to the top was too great and didnt look proportional, so I added the second one that lines up with the bottom of the rear window, so now I have another void that needs filled and no diamondplate to fill it! oh well I will go back and get another piece next weekend. I found a guy in Tacoma that will shear it to size for me and his prices are reasonable.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ha i new i recognized this truck u emailed me about a oowder quote....i was looking at the email saying hmmm nice 720 there...make sure u name drop ratsun when u came in i will treat u better then what jen sent u...ask tristan ... hes my bitch now....

we can get u sheared up too....i got a ton of spare diamond plate and iron worker, box break, and shear ....limited on thickness. but i got a couple customers with bigger shears....i will go email u now...as for getting it here u can drive the truck we have a forklift or gantry to pull it ... with do service box's all the time...

i got a miller 210 and love it....like i said if u do stuff like this all the time i got a 10 ton iron worker ..... so shearing plate and punching holes is no big deal...its grate for plate....but i really love the punch end....

• 4 weeks later...

Good idea Nathan.... We could team up ..... Most all the ornamental stuff I powdercoat is 100 percent hand fabbed.... Nathan is. Very accomplished welder fabricator....I'm sure what ever he makes would turn out nice...and for me nice fab work makes my life easier and it generally turns out nicer

Good idea Nathan.... We could team up ..... Most all the ornamental stuff I powdercoat is 100 percent hand fabbed.... Nathan is. Very accomplished welder fabricator....I'm sure what ever he makes would turn out nice...and for me nice fab work makes my life easier and it generally turns out nicer

Thanks for the kind words. I have kicked around the idea of working with wrought Iron, maybe its time? if I could move it that is