Fitted some new wheels (update 2nd pg.)

driggers.a

Next question, what tires are those? Brand I mean, tried getting a used 225/60 and the shop said that was an uncommon tire size, more for muscle cars and old Mercedes. Also not every 225/60 will stretch/buldge the same as sideway construction varries. I just bought my JDM rims and am hoping this weekend I can be rolling. :P 7499039196_5379a34753.jpg

c002a698c40111e1a94522000a1e8aaf_7 by NickedKnuckles, on Flickr

i like these wheels.good choice
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next question, what tires are those? Brand I mean, tried getting a used 225/60 and the shop said that was an uncommon tire size, more for muscle cars and old Mercedes. Also not every 225/60 will stretch/buldge the same as sideway construction varries. I just bought my JDM rims and am hoping this weekend I can be rolling. :P 7499039196_5379a34753.jpg

What rims are these?

Sorry for the absense guys, been in the process of moving for the past month so I haven't had much time to get on the internet.

Should get some lower profile tires, those make the wheels look huge!

I'll probably go with a 215/55 next go round. I tried for a 205/60 last time but couldnt get it to seat for some reason, the tires just didn't want to stretch enough.

I'm curious. That low and it looks like u got good clearance. Is ur exhaust in the stock location?

The exhaust has been tucked above all the crossmembers on the truck.

yeah i was thinking that i wonder wat inch blocks he has in the back?

Pretty sure they're 5".

Next question, what tires are those? Brand I mean, tried getting a used 225/60 and the shop said that was an uncommon tire size, more for muscle cars and old Mercedes. Also not every 225/60 will stretch/buldge the same as sideway construction varries. I just bought my JDM rims and am hoping this weekend I can be rolling. :P

Those wheels look titties. I'm jealous. The tires are Falken Ziex's.

• 1 month later...

so i was on blog/tumblr yesterday and came across this:

http://dawamagazine.tumblr.com/post/29381351484/overlordohoverlord-datsun-by-austin-driggers-on

i assumed it was just another photographers photo with an unknown owner.

but the point is i found an awesome example of wide wheels and (super) rolled fenders. i now know it can be done and look good.

fast forward to today and i thought i'd look up "Austin Driggers" and low & behold the truck is his (yours.)

thought i'd add "ratsun" to my google search. wasnt expecting a hit but here you are!

you are an inspiration, man. i got nervous with amount of poke on my test fits, but now i know i can roll my fenders

and it wont look like shit!

tumblr_m8ogqfpD9q1qe7x6po1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8oitcmeJc1qe7x6po1_500.jpg

AND youre in SD!? i definitely need to try to get up with you so you can help me pull this off~

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, i have a 3in block with a 1in block making mine a 4in drop in the rear. Then i lowered the front 4 inches. I am going to run a 720 4x4 rear leaf spring next. In hopes to get 5 inch rear. Right now i am setting at almost tucking tire on my 14 inch wheels. Hopefully this guy has a similar drop, because i have wheels with the exact same size that i am about to install.