FS: 71 510 Wagon Auto $500 (Wa)

Okay, it sucks for me but I have to face the truth I will never get this done... I've been "selling" this for a while now, meaning I told one person I'm going to put it up for sale, one day, lol.

It's a 71 w/ an auto (B/W) and a L16, blue paint job. Located in Bremerton Wa 98312

Good:

Runs and drives

Floors and frame rails are tip top

Door panels are in great shape

Bench seat is good.

Has GM HEI and MSD coil

Dash looks real good, has a very small crack and that's it.

Transmission shifts good,it has "shift kit", think the line pressure was turned up.

Heater works

Rebuilt the wiper motor and reconditioned all the linkage, works awesome.

The interior cabin light works!

Bad:

Speedo cable is broken, it snapped inside the sleeve

Fuel sender is broken - I have a NIB factory replacement for it.

Rust in fuel tank - This is why the sender is still in a box, lol

Leaks coolant - I was thinking it was a bad water pump but last time I drove it I bent the tabs on the radiator cap down and it held the coolant, it may just be a worn out cap. It doesn't leak when cool or at idle or sitting for days with water in the radiator. Just in case it is the wp, I have one of those too, lol.

All the little dents on the fenders and quarters will need work.

Weather stripping is crap - This would be my first priority if you plan to drive it before summer.

Muffler is ghetto rigged - I used bailing wire in a parking lot to tie it to the spare tire mount.

When the tank is first filled with fuel it will spill out - A return hose came loose when I was putting the tank back in.

Carpet is crap

One more potential problem. I never put this car in my name. I have the bill of sale and the Oregon title and can sign it over. I talked to DOL and it's not an issue for a new buyer to use a BOS to get it in your name even though I nver did. In any case if you are worried there is a DOL a mile from my place, I'll go in with you if you want, no problem.

The car has expired tabs and Oregon plates, unless you plan to tow it I'd go to DOL ASAP, it's literally 2 mins away from my house.

I'm firm on the price, don't need the money just don't have the time. The ONLY trades I'm interested in is a front air damn for a 240z or you're welding/body work labor on another project I don't have time for. Ask me about that.

That's about all I can think of, if you have any questions ask away.

Album link: http://s1246.photobu...5/Datsun_agnet/

CameraZOOM-20120322190327648.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120322190510135.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120322190650742.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120322190845307.jpg

I'm proud of the light, lol

CameraZOOM-20120322190714664.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh to new site is a real pain on an Android phone. Figured out the trick is the change your UA to the iphone.

Okay, there has been a ton of interest and believe me I understand that panic that starts to set in when you think a car will slip away but I'm not comfortable any PayPal offers. I think know it kinda sucks if you are far away.

So I forgot to mention that there is a flat spot just off idle. Crab has a recent rebuild and tune, I did the tune a shop did the build. That in mind I think it needs to be jetted down from 55/50 to 50/45. I took out the choke so on a cold day it needs to be double pumped through the flat spot until it gets warm. Once it's warmed up it's fine.

Thanks for looking

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I have the keys and the title/BOS... its my new ride!!! Mwahaha :devil:

until Izzo shows up Sunday and I turn it over to him.

:rofl: :thumbup:

izzo better be nioce :w00t:

Hey izzo, I still have the quarter panels off the green wagon if you feel like replacing the ones on your new ride... ;) you could pick em up on you way thru town.

Jeff, are you headed to GG? If not and Tim want them I can pick them up before-hand and bring them whenever he picks up the ride.

hay izzo

tampon!___________________________________

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tampaxinside.jpg

true story :angel: congrats izzo, I know you've been looking for awhile.

Jeff, are you headed to GG? If not and Tim want them I can pick them up before-hand and bring them whenever he picks up the ride.

No I won't be at GG. wish I could tho. I have no idea if Tim will even want them, I don't know how far he plans on taking the body work. I was just letting him know they were available!

This was suppose to be mines! Hella pissed. Was going to head up there saturday when I was off work to get it but dude ended up selling it after I called dibs.

Yeah man sorry it didn't work out for you. First come first served though, can't do dibbs.

Good luck! If I come across any I'll shoot a PM. You like Z's?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.