Smurfin' low

73 smurf 620

I am new to the forum, and I recently got a 73 Datsun 620 for free. It is in beautiful shape, it is "smurf" blue, interior is all there, needed some engine work and brakes. Got it running and drive able, then let the torsion bars all the way out, disassembled the rear springs, placing the overloads upside down on top to flatten the springs some. Then did 3" blocks. It is pretty darn low, but I am considering taking a leaf out and removing the bump stops to let the ass end sit as low as possible. Any suggestions???

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

K I was thinking 195/50/14 but I dnt know if I'll like how small they'll look or how well they'll ride. 185 would look sick too.Post a pic when u get them I'd like to see how it looks I've never heard of putting the overload on top before? Would it lower it more by just taking it out? Ur truck sits how I want mine. I dnt want to do major mods right now. R u riding on the front bumps on the front

it has 185s on the front and i like how they look so im probly gonna stick with them. and but inverting the overloadand placing it on top, it looks like this ())) then clamp it down with a vice and bolt it together, making them totally flat, which gave me about 1.5" plus 3" blocks to sit as is.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Okay so after all the time and $$$ I've put into her it's time to move on. So my 73 620 standard cab short bed is for sale, it on cL for 2500 obo. List of parts/word done:

New brakes-wheel cylinders, shoes, booster, master, all dialed.

Clutch master

All new fuel lines, vacuum lines, air cleaner

Carb rebuild

New rear tires

Lowered 5" in back, 4" in front

Super clean and straight body

This truck runs great and is currently my dd but I've lost interest and just got a new truck. Clean title, all gauges work( just missing tach) needs wiper motors and a stereo. That's the only con. Located in Loomis California. Local pick up only please. Thanks shoot me an email meeky87@yahoo.com