my new project

1970 DATSUN 521 my new project for 500 bux

just put a new alternator, shocks, starter some engine re-wire and a tune up runs perfect. NEW TO THIS GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS. Picked up some of BEEBANI's brackets planing to do a front disc swap soon....

04-20-08_1212.jpg

324.jpg

1-4.jpg

I just bought this long tube hooker header for 100 bux

04-20-08_1900.jpg

anyone know of any intake swaps?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that header will hit the torsion bar. looks like a 510(L16/18)

I would stik with the stock manifold and Y pipe and put a 1.75 to 2in pipe and route out the back.

Thats what I did to my truck.....I dont think the "power" you get from the header will do much anyway unless you have a built motor, the L mani should do just fine...but still tell me if it works:D

The motor in there now is a L18. It sounds pretty good with the muffler sounds like a rice rocket kinda of. The header was used on a 620 truck before I belive it was bead blasted and re-surfaced so for 100 bux will c if it works. Is anyone familar with the late 70s and earlys 80s 280zx 5speed swap? The interior is a clean red vinyl bench seat no rips no carpet just rino lined floor boards

Guest jaimesix

Nice truck. 500 bucks...I am jealous. Great find.

If your headers hit any parts, use the stock dual manifold. My 710 has a stock dual exhaust manifold. It is great, excellent flow. That manifold coupled to a nice pipe and muffler will add power.

My 610 has undergone a 5 speed swap ( L20B ). It was automatic. Engine wise there is no big deal. Body wise , I have no clue, I will ask a friend of mine, he the same truck, with an L18 5 speed.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

The 5 spd. swap isn't hard to do...it doesn't interfere with any of the tranny tunnel or body in any way except for the shifter location, which you will need to cut back the tunnel a bit..... All I had to do was make the mount and switch out the slave cylinder to clear the torsion bar. Then take care of the drive line. Oh and it was in a 521:D

can i use a late 70s early 80s 280z or do i gotta use a 280zx ? should i use the the donors flywheel or my orginal 4spd flywheel?

you should be able to use the original flywheel i dont know about the trucks but when i did a tranny swap in my 610 the only thing i had to do was the floor for the shifter and the drivline