79 210 coupe rear diff options?

Hey so Ive searched around, couldnt really find a clear answer so here goes. Aside from welding it, what options are there for an lsd, and cost effectiveness of those options. from what I gather a 210 truck may have an lsd that fits? and possibly 510 differential fits? these being hard to find and pricey? any other options for the solid axle?

thanks

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were no 210 trucks here in N Am. The 510 goon has an H-190 diff that is not compatible with your H-150 axle nor did it come with any LSD. There are no optional LSDs available for the H-150.... perhaps from their racing arm... Datsports, Nissan Performance??

You probably read this already.... info on the H-150 axle/diff ... http://datsun1200.co...Rear_Axle_Swaps

LSDs... http://datsun1200.co...x.php?title=LSD

Well, it's not the best idea and unfortunately, is cheap and easy to do.

Even LSD means 'limited slip' and does allow for turning where a welded diff does not and is only good going straight ahead. A welded diff increases under steer going into corners actually ploughing straight ahead when you want to turn. In town where there are a lot of 90 degree turns the wheels are forced to turn the same speed. To do this they will hop, or chirp and this severely loads the axles and wears the tires. It's a 210, do you really need it?

Yea Ive had previous experience with welded diffs in 240s and while it isnt the best thing to do it is cheap for my 800$ car. also Im gonna need to do something as I am soon to be starting a ka swap and was told the stock diff wont hold the power. Id love to find a different axle to swap in but there arent any datsuns in junkyards up here seemingly. Ive searched a good bit and theres nothing. also I can always swap it out later in the event that I find something better. besides low speed cornering/parking lots, Ive found I dont really mind a welded diff. coming from lsds in supras I definitely know they are far nicer/more superior and safer as weldeds will make you slide even when you dont want to.

Depending on what kind and size tire you are putting back there you may run the risk of breaking an axle. They are about the weakest part of that rear end. You weld the diff and take it breaking out of the equation the little shafts are next to go. Lol

Yea Ive had previous experience with welded diffs in 240s and while it isnt the best thing to do it is cheap for my 800$ car. also Im gonna need to do something as I am soon to be starting a ka swap and was told the stock diff wont hold the power. Id love to find a different axle to swap in but there arent any datsuns in junkyards up here seemingly. Ive searched a good bit and theres nothing. also I can always swap it out later in the event that I find something better. besides low speed cornering/parking lots, Ive found I dont really mind a welded diff. coming from lsds in supras I definitely know they are far nicer/more superior and safer as weldeds will make you slide even when you dont want to.

Keep your eyes open for an '81-'82 200sx. These years of 200sx switched from the previous years H-165 to a truck size H-190. That's from your 5.9" to a 7.5" increase in ring gear strength. The 200sx rear axle has coils and four link and rear disc brakes... nice. It also has 3.70 and 3.889 similar gearing but the H-190 gear sets from trucks range 3.364, 3.545, 3.70, 390, 4.11, 4.375, 4.625 so lots f options here. I believe someone on here swapped one into a 210 and it bolts in. Maybe 1/2"? wider on each side, but.... hey :thumbup:

Yea Ive had previous experience with welded diffs in 240s and while it isnt the best thing to do it is cheap for my 800$ car. also Im gonna need to do something as I am soon to be starting a ka swap and was told the stock diff wont hold the power.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/36165-1980-200sx-h165/

Ok i am a little sick with rearend swaps. Which is why I researched this some.

Early Toyota Corollas and possibly Coronas are supposed to be stouter and a bolt in with the right U bolts and so on.

But, if you want STOUT, lots of gear/locker/lsd/brake options and dont mind extra work and some extra weight to help you hook, there are 3 options, and they might all be overkill for such a light car.

1. Dana 44 from mail jeep, narrow, great aftermarket following, will require welding, neapco conversion U joint, probaly in service 50+ years

2. ford 9 inch, most likely from lincoln versailles, narrowest 9 inch made by ford, any gear you could possibly wish for, spools, lsd, electric lockers, SAFETY HUBS, again welding, U joint, etc, in service by OE 40+ years

3. Dana 60 from musclecar(wont find one of those) or "wimpy 60" from early 80's f250, aftermarket offers a mind boggling array of gears, lsd, lockers, CUT TO LENTHG AXLES, will require welding, conversion U joints, blah blah blah

Ok Im probably overkilling the hell out of this, but any of these axles can easily handle 400hp. probbly alot more in a tiny little 210

remember though, bigger rearends are heavier and require more torque to operate and make the car heavier.

the cheapest option of the three is the mail jeep dana 44, lots of guys that drag race LUV trucks and Pintos here use them behind big old stroker motors with slicks and dont break them.

I might be overdoing this, but I have lost more than one rear at speed and its no fun

Ok i am a little sick with rearend swaps. Which is why I researched this some.

Early Toyota Corollas and possibly Coronas are supposed to be stouter and a bolt in with the right U bolts and so on.

Your research should have told you that 210s don't have U-bolts. ;)

And none of the old Toyota diffs are stouter than the H190. It's damn near bullet proof.

Now, stouter than the stock 210 diff? Probably. :P

Also need to mention, all the diffs you mentioned will also require fabbing the 4-link mounts on the diff housing and ensuring properly pinion angle alignment while doing so.

• 3 months later...

Can you stop asking the same question in 4 different threads? When I hit my new posts button its annoying to see 1/4 of the new posts are you posting the exact same thing in different sections.

Post your question, if you don't get an answer in a day, bump the one thread.

what splines?

has anybody ever tried a chevy ten bolt LSD from a vega or monza, 7.5" ring gear and 26 splines

what is the best way to get limited slip into an H165?

not sure ration i have .....H165 with discs from 81200sx hatchback with napps z20 engine

what size splines?

has anybody ever tried a chevy ten bolt LSD from a vega or monza, 7.5" ring gear and 26 splines?

weir performance has the toyota slippers but pricey

is it possible to put a spool in?

minispools are $90 bucks from Jegs.com

what is the best way to get limited slip into an H165?

not sure ration i have .....H165 with discs from 81200sx hatchback with napps z20 engine

what size splines?

has anybody ever tried a chevy ten bolt LSD from a vega or monza, 7.5" ring gear and 26 splines?

weir performance has the toyota slippers but pricey

is it possible to put a spool in?

minispools are $90 bucks from Jegs.com

Or how about start an actual build thread on your car if you haven't already, then post questions in there. That way we all don't have to sift through 20 different dead threads every time we go searching for something.

• 2 years later...

Instead of starting new similar thread, I thought I'd resurrect this one since I've read this one and its basically the same question.

So I found this.....

http://www.tractionconcepts.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37802

Its says h145/h150 LSD

Anybody know anything about this????? Any reason it wouldn't work in a '75 b210???? Only h150 LSD I know of

Well damn they replied quick. Good customer service. Can you guys also confirm their reply??? Here it is. This is exciting if we have a LSD option now.

Yes, our H150 lsd conversion kits fit all the H150/H145 open diffs, and would fall in line with using the same as the B310 part # TCDA6441. The application needs to be updated which I will see that is taken care of, though thank you for confirming and of course thank you for your interest in our Traction Concepts LSD Conversion Kits