the search

Went and took a look at a 510 down in Duncan and made a small down payment on it. On my way hitching back home some idiot swerves into the pedestrian/bike path and forces me to jump out of the way over concrete barrier and threw out my right hip spent night in hospital and got home 20 hours later than I should have. Thanks goes to Grahem and Laura for helping me check out the 510 once I was in Duncan.

The reason I was hitching is because a friend I borrow a car (ford taurus) from screwed it up and I will have to fix it he also used up all the gas that I put in it to go check out the 510, most likely nothing but I didn't feel like trying to figure out what was wrong and fixing it on saturday before heading to Duncan..

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well when I jumped out of the way yes it was getting dark I had to hobble to the next place that was open which wasn't pleasant, but I am able to walk with little pain now gotta love painkillers.

But anyways here is oics of the 510 that I went to look at.

22826406_640.jpg

22826396_640.jpg

22826403_640.jpg

22826392_640.jpg

22826386_640.jpg

22826411_640.jpg

^^this is just tacked on, but I think I need to replace the original tailpan as the license plate section is cut out right into the trunk

22826389_640.jpg

well it is not Grahems car, I am buying it from one of his highschool buddies. For some reason the engine is not getting gas, it has been sitting since last year so maybe fuel lines are clogged or it could be the fuel pump is shot but I dunno for sure till I get the car home. I do have a known good L16 here just incase the engine in the 510 is shot.

it already has one replacement roocker welded on and the other is inside the car. The filled tailpan section is coming off as it is just tacked on over top the original. I couldn't find my diigcam before heading down to look at it so those are the photos posted on the ad which I think were taken with a cell phone or somthing.

2000-3000 miles on a rebuild bored to 2000cc. there are more parts in the backseat of the 510 than shown in the photo, the driver seat is original but the passenger seat is not and no idea what type of car it came from. I want stock bucket seats I have 2 at home but they are red and want a black passenger seat..

I am kinda stoked about the SU carbs just wish they were hitachi carbs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hmmm I have 1 1/2 more grilles. I even have the oem radio which I am kinda jazzed about just need to get a new dash centre as it was cut up for an after market radio.

I have replacement rocker panels and rear wheel arches.

it has an L20b w/4spd and dual SUs

I guess it is about time to start a project thread.