Photoshop questions and projects

jalen

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ditto.

Photoshop is one of those things you kinda got to learn by playing with it. I consider myself fairly proficient with it after using it for my own stuff for a few years, but, I by no means know everything.

So...play with the tools...

I've found the polygon tool works well for selecting cars...sometimes the selection tool works great, depends on the colors/lighting, etc.

Then...usually copy it to a new layer...move it down...then go back to the main background and use the clone stamp to cover the exposed top of the background car.

Disclaimer: I have never used PSE as I have always just had PS... Ive never seen a need for Elements. Manipulate my steps as needed.

There is no "cutting tool." You can use either the polygonal lago tool or the pen tool. I use the pen tool. basically you click around the entire area that you want to manipulate. So I would cut around the entire car, but going into the wheel wells and not following the wheels/tires. Once you go completely around your area, right-click inside your points and click on make selection (or something like that). It should turn from points and a solid straight line to the dancing ants lines. Switch to the move tool and right click inside your selection. Click make new layer via copy. Now still using the move tool, move your selection down how ever many pixels you want for drop. You should see some of the original height of the car sticking out behind and over your new lowered car. Clone/mask/whatever you choose to do to blend the new lowered car into the background and get rid of the old height. Good luck.

get to know all the tools on your toolbar.

what they are and what they do.

choping cars is pretty basic when it comes to what PS is capable of.

but I went to school for that shit and I still have more fun chopping datsuns :lol:

Bonvo's 610 in all sorts o boso

419355_2873311469720_1167911520_32647325_672007851_n.jpg

get to know all the tools on your toolbar.

what they are and what they do.

choping cars is pretty basic when it comes to what PS is capable of.

but I went to school for that shit and I still have more fun chopping datsuns :lol:

419355_2873311469720_1167911520_32647325_672007851_n.jpg

you school goin mutha f_____er

Magic wand or the lasso, grab the body and put it onto another layer, then slide it down til I like it.

I always make a copy of the background layer to mess with and leave the background locked. That way I can go back if I need to or I can steal small bits to move around. Works well for sectioning stuff.

One thing about design software, there's always 20 different ways to accomplish the same thing.

2eDeYe' date='29 February 2012 - 12:54 PM' timestamp='1330548842' post='645387']

Magic wand or the lasso, grab the body and put it onto another layer, then slide it down til I like it.

I always make a copy of the background layer to mess with and leave the background locked. That way I can go back if I need to or I can steal small bits to move around. Works well for sectioning stuff.

One thing about design software, there's always 20 different ways to accomplish the same thing.

lol true enough i was just curious always looking for ways to improve my photoshopping