mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooh wee! Are you slapping your side drafts on that thing? Maybe you should sell me one.

No sir,going with the stock mani or Extruda body's.But the motor looks good enough for me right now,just powder coat the pulleys check header for clearance then ceramic coat and then check the oil pan and powder coat as well,and from there just do a clean install.And then after all that paint the truck.

Eh, which trans you running? I have the dogleg and was wondering if the 520 shaft will fit mine. If not, yours.

I have a dogleg and the 520 shaft fits just find. It's the short dogleg tho.

Eh, which trans you running? I have the dogleg and was wondering if the 520 shaft will fit mine. If not, yours.

My tranny is a 83 280 z,and whats nice is he gave me the ka bell housing  so just switch it out and half the battle of mounting is done.If i have time i am going to run the alternator to the shop for a fresh up and powder coat the few small things,i hope the header works so i can just get that ceramic coated and some other bull shit stuff and stuff it in when i get the chance.I got to check my piggy bank and see if i can do it though.lol

So got some parts in the powder coat shop,got a new alternator ordered new plugs,trying to find a manifold for side drafts,got to figure out if I am doing the crank trigger the guy started or just do the distributor,other then that few small things and one of these days pull my motor and cramm. That FJ20 in there..

,trying to find a manifold for side drafts,got to figure out if I am doing the crank trigger the guy started or just do the distributor,other then that few small things..

So you are running the side drafts?

Fuel management? You better start looking now a for FJ tuned ECU or management system. Maybe megasquirt? There's hell to pay if you got to start from scratch and find the right values.

Me personally....CARBS. It would be badass and unique....easier to get running and tune too.

Hey you know, I was just thinking, I have a set of GT-R throttle body plates. I have the template to go from weber / mikuni manifold to said throttle plates. I'll shoot some pics....just throwing that out there. I have all three. Drill in some injector holes on your manifold and instant coolness. You'll just have to figure out the filters / stacks cause these don't have provision for them.

You got the Ka'ala though...

Hey you know, I was just thinking, I have a set of GT-R throttle body plates. I have the template to go from weber / mikuni manifold to said throttle plates. I'll shoot some pics....just throwing that out there. I have all three. Drill in some injector holes on your manifold and instant coolness. You'll just have to figure out the filters / stacks cause these don't have provision for them.

You got the Ka'ala though...

Right now it looks like i got the hook up on a manifold from Kameari,and as for tune i just need a base line tune and go from there.Kevin from Extruda body's,ill tell ya this guy knows his shit.just looking for a nice set with the boots or dust cover spark plug wire set.Got a few parts in the powder coat shop and a new alternator already,the valve cover is already powder coated so thats done.I might buy another 83 280z transmission so i can just swap out the transfer case now and get it ready and thats it for now.I thought about using carbs but if i do i will get Mikuni's for this one.I could actually save a lot of money that way.