Indey's 76 280z

Indey

Hello all, I have owned quite a few cars mostly being Honda's. I currently own 3 cars, a 1993 Honda del Sol, a 1972 MG Midget, and my current obsession, a 1976 Datsun 280Z.

Just because I can't ignore the other 2 here are a few quick pictures of them.

The del Sol.

6286825245_1505359e7b_o.jpg

eibach_2011_-129.jpg

5732425112_d525661113_b.jpg

I've had that car since 08' now, and when I got it it was pretty trashed.

The Midget.

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

This is a project for later...for now it sits under a car cover.

And finally my 280Z, which is what I'm sure is what people here are a tiny bit more interested in.

P1010004.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010002.jpg

It had been repainted black by someone. The paint wasn't in very good shape, despite appearing alright in pictures. Since I've gotten the car it has faded quite a lot. It had some odd OBX-R muffler welded onto the stock pipe. and came with a set of the zxtt wheels. The taillight surrounds had been poorly painted black which was chipping. It was missing plenty in the interior, the turn signals had been sprayed black with something, all in all realistically it needed a lot of work.

So that all being said here is the starting point for this car. I will update this thread with progress that is made to the car and in time hopefully it will become what my ideal image of a s30Z should be. Thanks and stick around!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please dont be a typical honda bro whos about to tell us hes making a hellaflush/stanced sticker bombed ruined S30

cuz this threads off to a good start...

I wonder who this is directed too.

Nice delsol man, i was expecting something far worse than you aftually have. You got a good starting point going on there, wish i had that.

yeah Del Sol is clean and cant really go wrong with an MG

do you now?

who might that be

I dont know really, hellaflush/stance can kick rocks in my book.Just because i got dc2 coils dont mean i wanna be a mall princess or parking lot playa pimp. What direction is this s30 going anyways? And is that a buddyclub seat in the delsol? Cant see the print on my phone.

please dont be a typical honda bro whos about to tell us hes making a hellaflush/stanced sticker bombed ruined S30

cuz this threads off to a good start...

Since I've failed at using multi quote, thanks to everyone for the welcome!

As per this s30, I'm not your average honda owner who "cracks mad vtec" all over the place and so forth. I have no interest in being hellaflush or stanced, my only goal with the z is to make it proper! :)

Since I've failed at using multi quote, thanks to everyone for the welcome!

lol to use multi quote just hit the multi quote button on the ones you want and then hit the very last reply button below all the posts on the page, right above the fast reply box

I dont know really, hellaflush/stance can kick rocks in my book.Just because i got dc2 coils dont mean i wanna be a mall princess or parking lot playa pimp.

and? whats your point implying I was directing anything at anyone in particular?

hardparking is douche, thats what its directed at. no shits given for "dc2 coils"

aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnyway :rolleyes:

welcome to Ratsun Indey

whats the plan for the Z?

Plans for the car are really a ground up restoration in the long run, currently though it's a daily driver. So while it's a daily just stuff to fix what's broken. I've been toying with the idea of letting the del sol go to pick up a daily so the Z can be a more feasible project, since having 2 project cars is a bit much..

You havent met some of the people on here then... some people have project cars in the double digits ohmy.gif

Yeah I get that, but when I get a project car I typically devote all that I'm doing to it...so the del sol has just been sitting in the garage for a long time, I take it out and drive it maybe 2 times a month tops..

Since people are actually posting on here I figure i'll post this next segment :D

As for the start of this car I had to replace a lot of random misc parts that I don't have any pictures of BUT it was

-Spark Plugs

-Distributor Cap

-Distributor Rotor

-Thermostat

-1 Injector

-Brake Master Cylinder

-Front Brake Pads

-MAF Sensor

-Valve Cover Gasket

-Valve Lash Adjustment

-Rear Fuel Line

-Oil/Diff/Trans Fluid

-Shifter Bushings

Unfortunately as said there are no pictures of any of that. So instead here are a few more pics, I had removed most of the black paint around the chrome on the taillights, however the chrome was chipped off underneath as well in a few parts.

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

And the valve cover got painted, again unfortunately, now it is bubbling and cracking but it's fine I plan to have it powdercoated later on.

P1010012.jpg

Plans for the car are really a ground up restoration in the long run, currently though it's a daily driver. So while it's a daily just stuff to fix what's broken. I've been toying with the idea of letting the del sol go to pick up a daily so the Z can be a more feasible project, since having 2 project cars is a bit much..

:rofl: Iv DDed project Z's waaaaay to many times

lol but on the up side I can do an L6 swap in like 4 hours

hang onto that cam cover btw rarer one from Japan

:rofl: Iv DDed project Z's waaaaay to many times

lol but on the up side I can do an L6 swap in like 4 hours

hang onto that cam cover btw rarer one from Japan

I've heard that the cover was rare from a few people, It makes me wonder how it made it's way onto this car...

Needs moar low

Agreed... but not until I can actually afford proper suspension

Just remove the springs... I hear that what Honda guys do dry.gif

end being a troll

No no no you're ALL wrong, they HEAT the springs until is where they want it. Or they go and get "coilover sleeves" from ebay for 20 dollars :P

I on the other hand only use coilovers because I like stuff that was meant to work together :)