Indey's 76 280z

Indey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a metal ring? :confused:

And everyone hates on Honda's because every rich little momma's boy buys one with their parents money, pays to have someone vtec upgrade and turbo the damn thing, puts in a giant ass stero system, and then they drive around like they're the hottest piece of ass on the street, and they make fun of all the car's that have a worse paint job, or look like crap, and then cry to mommy for more money when said terrible looking cars take a giant steaming dump on them off the line and down the mountain. At least around here anyways, and that is why I hate honda's. :mad:

/end/rant/

Love the car! i wish i would have done mine this way...

Not to thread jack but why does everyone hate on rotas? Some car communitys could care less, and some are like ew rotas.... Just curious..

It's not really a matter of hating on Rota's. The issue is when people buy Rota's and knock them off as the real deal. IE Rota Grid's with TE37 decals on them. That doesn't happen so much in this community from what I've seen. Regardless my biggest issue with Rota is that they are not real wheels, and being knock offs they're not made as well as the real ones. Of course this is expected with the difference in price between real/fake wheels. I've had Rota's on a few of my cars including this one and I've never had an issue with them. However this does not mean that they're the end all be all wheel for my car, I will move over to custom sized Panasports when money is easier to come by.

I don't have a metal ring? :confused:

And everyone hates on Honda's because every rich little momma's boy buys one with their parents money, pays to have someone vtec upgrade and turbo the damn thing, puts in a giant ass stero system, and then they drive around like they're the hottest piece of ass on the street, and they make fun of all the car's that have a worse paint job, or look like crap, and then cry to mommy for more money when said terrible looking cars take a giant steaming dump on them off the line and down the mountain. At least around here anyways, and that is why I hate honda's. :mad:

/end/rant/

That would explain it! Now go get yourself a metal ring :rofl:

And he said why's everyone hate on Rota's not Honda's haha, I have a Honda as it is, but I assure you my parents did not pay for it, or the parts on it. Though the issue with Honda's currently is actually just the entire age bracket and mentality.

Being that I'm a part of the Honda scene and I get to look at it up close, I hate it currently. It's filled with people who are overly cheap and won't spend money on quality parts, because the cheap parts are "just as good". The term JDM in the current scene is used everywhere to describe everything, which is overtly irritating, and really the people in the Honda scene are doing what they do to be "cool" to their peers, being that most of the people who have your average shit pile Honda are around 16-19 years old. So you end up seeing a lot of the same car left and right. Overly loud exhaust for a D15 single cam that puts out a whopping 105hp. Or at least when it was new it did. They buy replica type R and Mugen lips for 60 dollars, and then they slam their cars with some fake wheels, and think it's ready for a magazine shoot. It's absolutely terrible what they've done to the scene.

Though on that note, I've been thinking of selling my del Sol and picking up a Z32 to daily, just because I no longer wish to be associated with the Honda world....and because I think Z32's are bad ass. Whenever I see a modified Honda on the streets all I ever think is "please go away, don't drive next to me, don't look at me, don't look at my del Sol and think that we're the same because we're not. You are a douche with a D series and fake parts everywhere that you bought off of eBay, and my car is full of real expensive parts that I worked long and hard for"

/end current Honda scene rant :rofl:

Oh, sorry... I swore that said Honda... :blush:

And that's exactly the reason I don't like the honda scene as of this century, no offense as I can tell you did everything the correct way and by yourself!

Anyways, thanks for the ring info, I had no idea! Really liking how it's coming along!

Oh, sorry... I swore that said Honda... :blush:

And that's exactly the reason I don't like the honda scene as of this century, no offense as I can tell you did everything the correct way and by yourself!

Anyways, thanks for the ring info, I had no idea! Really liking how it's coming along!

No offense taken haha, I love my Honda but as for reasons stated above I think it's getting close to that time I let her go and focus only on the Z :w00t:

Thanks I'm glad it's finally getting work done to it again it's been a while since I had done anything to it... I hate when I can't work on the Z haha

I know the feeling :geek:

After I bought my 78, it sat for 6 monthes before I finally figured out that my distributor was 1800 off. Oh well.

And then I drove her, and the wheel fell off.

But now I has TEH MONIES!!! so new rims and registration now :)

Keep updating cause I like how your's is going!

haha alright well thats good to know! i guess you could say i was curious cause i have rotas for my current project Z, but like you, want something different in the long run.

I cant wait to see how your car looks on some nice coils! (rotas or not ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

I know the feeling :geek:

After I bought my 78, it sat for 6 monthes before I finally figured out that my distributor was 1800 off. Oh well.

And then I drove her, and the wheel fell off.

But now I has TEH MONIES!!! so new rims and registration now :)

Keep updating cause I like how your's is going!

Yeesh sounds like a pain like mine was! For a while stuff was constantly breaking, but it didn't look as though the car had been very well taken care of previously.

I try to update as soon as I can all the time! Low funding never helps though haha.

haha alright well thats good to know! i guess you could say i was curious cause i have rotas for my current project Z, but like you, want something different in the long run.

I cant wait to see how your car looks on some nice coils! (rotas or not ;) )

They've served great as a temp wheel, no issues whatsoever, so hey if people want to hate them, that's fine. I don't mind haha.

I want to see it on coils too! The closer it gets to summer the closer coils are, It's just a waiting game right now!

My MSA 6-1 Coated header finally found its way home!

IMAG0836.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, since I'm currently poor I have to make do with what's laying around the garage. That being said I went into cleaning mode...

I got tired of looking at the tops of the turns signals, since someone had...spray painted them? I'm not quite sure.. Either way I decided to take them apart and get to cleaning..

Ugly.... Who does that?

IMAG0898.jpg

Going to take the passanger side out turned out to be....eventful. Stripped screw.

IMAG0899.jpg

It's fine just cut a flat head into it

IMAG0900.jpg

Or.... not.

IMAG0902.jpg

IMAG0903.jpg

You can see that my coolant bottle was also...very ugly..and had remnents of paint on it as well.

IMAG0908.jpg

Cleaned up the turn signal covers and resprayed them.

IMAG0901.jpg

And after sanding away most of the black paint (some spots were very hard to get to) I reassembled everything.

IMAG0904.jpg

Unfortunately the bottle didn't clean up as well as I had hoped.. Oh well. It's better than it was.

IMAG0911.jpg

IMAG0907.jpg

After all this I went and fiddled around with my distributor timing, for some reason it was retarded as far as it could go.

• 1 month later...

So my fuel system is leaking from a few spots, ie the rail and 2 injectors, so It's time to revamp the whole system.

I started out with picking up a JSK Fuel Rail from a friend.

IMAG1093.jpg

Then I took it apart to run a tap through it and clear out all of the old teflon.

IMAG1094.jpg

and as of today most of the rail is back together, and I placed an order for a Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Gauge, and a Edlebrock Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Alright so I went to do my oil change yesterday, and after I was done I decided to do some poking around under the car, low and behold, I found this.

Funny I always thought motor mounts were supposed to be bolted down properly :P

Pass Side

IMAG1190.jpg

Driver Side

IMAG1191.jpg

Oh well, they're nice and tight now

Today I took a drive and picked up a 5spd to replace my boring 4spd :)

IMAG1193.jpg

5spd, meet your new home.

IMAG1194.jpg

5spd, meet cleaning stuff. I'll get it a bit better later, it was just too hot to keep going with it.

IMAG1195.jpg

IMAG1196.jpg

IMAG1197.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some fittings. Not sure how I feel about the super nickel finish one...but if I don't like it I'll just go get a black one to replace it

IMAG1222.jpg

Putting some fittings on...sort of...I need some AN wrenches

IMAG1223.jpg

Looks alright with the rail

IMAG1224.jpg

I also need standard sized allen keys

IMAG1225.jpg

So, I found out that my clutch slave is leaking, and my trans is leaking, and my mustache bar has a pretty crack in it :)

SO! Monday I'm ordering the AZC Mustache Bar, new front and rear seals for the trans, new clutch slave, new speedo gear o ring, and then all the parts to replace everything on the 82 shifter my friend picked up for me today, SO, pin, clip, bushings, lower bushing, etc. More fittings to work on my fuel system will be on order as well :)

in the mean time! here's the seat that I took from my del sol to put into the Z, I also have a works bell rapfix II, but i'll get pictures of that when I'm downstairs next :P

It's a bit dirty, but whatever it's fine

IMAG1231.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ALRIGHT! Picture time!

Shifter!

IMAG1242.jpg

More AN Fittings!

IMAG1243.jpg

Still need AN wrenches!

IMAG1244.jpg

IMAG1245.jpg

IMAG1246.jpg

So, I was looking at my exhaust manifold studs, and fearing them, because well...they look like they're all going to snap without annnnny trouble at all, and I really do hate drilling out old studs and what not....HOWEVER, I decided to test one of them, and my car is a fucking champion.

IMAG1247.jpg

Seriously I expected this shit to just snap instantly.

IMAG1248.jpg

Old with New

IMAG1249.jpg

As I've stated before... I'm a fan of buying things new. If I can get it new, then more than likely. I'll get it new.

IMAG1251.jpg

I soon realized my work bench is being overtaken by z car parts.

IMAG1252.jpg

Now as said I'd get a picture of my Works Bell Quick Release. For those of you that don't know, Works Bell is the original maker of the "NRG" quick release and the typical eBay ball bearing QR's you see everywhere. These things are absolutely beautiful, have no play whatsoever and are just top notch all around.

IMAG1253.jpg

IMAG1254.jpg

The version I have is apparently some special edition one, I forgot what it was called though.

IMAG1255.jpg

IMAG1256.jpg

IMAG1258.jpg

The Broadway from my del Sol will be going in the Z when it's out of the sun.

IMAG1259.jpg

The piece on the left is a Omamori, again for those that don't know, and is a charm, there are many different types, and this one represents safe travel.

IMAG1260.jpg

AAAAND finally. One of my stupid fuel leaks :(

IMAG1261.jpg

IMAG1262.jpg

That's all... I'm still waiting for other junk to arrive... I need to get all this crap finished up before the JCCS!

• 2 weeks later...

Junk arrived... I did a quick fix on my current injector leak... because I wanted to drive the Z again, and then the rear diff mount and mustache bar decided it was just time to be done working :P of course right before the JCCS....granted it MAY just have had something to do with me launching on it...but you never know.

Fixed one of my ground wires, someone had crimped some ground ring to it, and done a terrible job doing so... so I did this

IMAG1296.jpg

More fittings, transmission seals, some random shifter parts, injectors, injector clips, mounting blocks, seals, and a clutch slave

IMAG1302.jpg

Quick mock up of the rail/pressure regulator set up.

IMAG1303.jpg

IMAG1304.jpg

New stuff.....you should know by now...i like that shit.

IMAG1305.jpg

IMAG1306.jpg

I'm still waiting on my Arizona Z Car Mustache Bar and Solid Diff Mount, if it doesn't get here by close to the 15th, I'm going to be borrowing a friends extra set, just to make it to the JCCS, however I'd prefer to just get the job done once...

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a good day! My mustache bar and diff mount finally showed up :) and fortunately these parts are not waiting to go on the car! Unlike my whole other pile of junk :l

SO! here we go!

AZC Mustache Bar :)

IMAG1315.jpg

Solid Diff Mount

IMAG1316.jpg

I've been needing these for a while, but I had always managed to get by with regular allen keys and a wrench...but not this time :P

IMAG1318.jpg

Non-descript garage picture :P

IMAG1319.jpg

Where my mustache bar was ripped.

IMAG1320.jpg

It's too bad the gas tank blocks the view of this thing..

IMAG1321.jpg

IMAG1322.jpg

I need to swing by king bolt tomorrow....and pick up different bolts for the front diff mount, and then i'll clean off the cross member and repaint it, and then reassemble all of it!

• 1 month later...

It's been a while....

The car was SUPPOSED to make it to the JCCS on sept 15th. However I ran into issues... It started out with the rear diff mount not quite fitting in, I'll have to put it in once the rear mustache bar is loose again, so the stock mount is back in currently, for the front diff mount. Regardless I started being able to drive the car again, and was still running into overheating issues. I flushed the cooling system, no luck, replaced the waterpump and t.stat, but again no luck. Unfortunately I was stuck with a overheating car and a broken phone the night before the JCCS, needless to say I was not very happy. I'm currently left with a radiator left to replace, which will happen as soon as I get back from spending some family time in Minnesota.. The radiator is a AZC cross flow, and is already waiting for me, for when I return home on the 19th of november. However...my painter decided he wanted to buy my del sol shell...and motor, and a bunch of other parts from it....so long story short, he's going to be painting and doing all the body work on the Z for me, and adding cash on top, which will be used to pay for the body parts for the car.... I'm hoping once this is all said and done, i'll have a significantly nicer car, that will still need damn coilovers :P but hopefully that'll get taken care of soon enough....anyways..

Sorry for the book! That's really all for now... I hope to have updates...eventually.

I like the look of those meaty tires B)

Even though Rotas are less expensive versions of higher grade wheels out there, my understanding is that they're pretty good quality for their price. And it's also kind of harsh to label them as "knock offs". Lets face it majority of people don't need anything more for their daily drivers.

Then again I do like me some deep dish Watanabes ;)

I like the look of those meaty tires B)

Even though Rotas are less expensive versions of higher grade wheels out there, my understanding is that they're pretty good quality for their price. And it's also kind of harsh to label them as "knock offs". Lets face it majority of people don't need anything more for their daily drivers.

Then again I do like me some deep dish Watanabes ;)

They are good quality for the price, and Rota actually makes the OEM wheels for many cars, regardless they are a knock off of a real wheel, so that doesn't sit all too well with me. They work wonderfully for now, but they are temporary.

In other news my gf just bought me a N42 non-egr manifold for my birthday and it's being shipped to my house right now :D