Indey's 76 280z

Indey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ew Rotas, but by the looks of things..it needs more low.

How'd you manage to break the hardline anyways?

Yes ew Rota's I agree completely, but as a temporary wheel, they'll do for now.:lol:

The hardline just sorta snapped when the front rotors were coming off to do the front wheel studs, fine one second, not attached the next, it wasn't bend in any weird way either :unsure:

Its actually not that hard, I broke both mine

This ^ :P

More importantly though that terrible exhaust was driving me crazy. MSA was having their christmas sale, and twice pipes were on sale... so I figured well...why not

IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0660.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Finally ordered some new stuff for the Z today! :) should be able to get it wednesday

Also, I finally picked up a compression tester and well..tested the z, it read around 155 across the board, being that it's all relatively even i'd say it's still in great shape.

So some of the stuff finally came in! More actually arrived at the shop I buy from today...but not all of it so I'll keep waiting for more stuff to show!

Taylor Wires, Poly Steering Coupler, Stainless Steel Brake / Clutch Lines, Intake.

IMAG0761.jpg

Finally getting rid of the dirty old intake box..

IMAG0762.jpg

Got the new intake one, but there were 2 problems. 1: the stock rubber tube is useless and needs to be replaced. 2: The bracket that is on the Intake comes no where near where it needs to bolt to. I'll be ordering the new rubber piece soon hopefully.

IMAG0763.jpg

Next was getting the poly bushing in...which required I first take out the rubber one that was ancient..and I figured out why my steering always felt weird.

IMAG0764.jpg

New one in! and my steering feels exponentially better, surprising how this little bushing could change so much.

IMAG0765.jpg

No pictures of the wires...and my brake line fittings are stripped so i'll have to break them off and make some new hardlines for a few spots..so that will have to wait.

Because I didn't get a picture of the wires that got installed..

IMAG0778.jpg

New shift boots, and intake/exhaust parts.

IMAG0779.jpg

Shift boot with holes...and a single screw holding it in place?

IMAG0780.jpg

Under the shift boot....it was worse!

IMAG0781.jpg

Things are starting to look correct...

IMAG0782.jpg

Almost there...

IMAG0783.jpg

Ahh.. thats much better.

IMAG0785.jpg

aw hell, I think I may have put the boot in the 6th picture on the wrong way.... :blush:

Now fixing.... :rofl:

I have no idea if I did it correctly haha, i just figured the tie part would be at the back. I couldn't even use all 6 clips though? only the 4 side clips.. I'll have to fiddle with it more

Just curious but how did you even get it in there?!?!!?

I unbolted the metal frame, and the rubber boot piece was under it, it had a little bit of a lip to sit on the body of the car, and then i just put the metal ring back over it and bolted it down