• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I've seen a mustache bar rip like that ! :blink:

How do you like the ArizonaZcar setup ?

Yeah it was interesting to find.

As per the AZC bar, it's great. It transmits a bit more noise than I was expecting from the diff, but it's easily ignorable. Driving wise the car does feel significantly sturdier though.

It was a slight bit of a pain to install, and if I had been trying to install the bar while just removing the OEM bar, I would had to have dropped the entire diff/carrier etc. However since my oem bar was already ruined, I just cut it off, and the AZC bar is in 3 pieces, so I was able to assemble it on the car.

Happy late birthday ! Your GF got a good gift !!

AZC bar Sounds like a sweet setup :thumbup:

Iearned to drop the whole mess as an assembly as well :lol:

and ... for shame ... really ... holding out oics ? haha

Thanks! and not holding out haha, just hadn't pulled the pics off of my phone yet, but I have them now!

Arizona Z Car crossflow radiator! :)

IMAG1432.jpg

Only issue is, that I expected it to be a bit...shiny..er.. nothing that can't be fixed though!

IMAG1433.jpg

:blink: wow !! looks like a quality unit :D

Polish polish polish !!

Thanks! quality wise it is amazing! and I know it needs a good polishing haha, I'll get around to it at some point im sure :P

I drained the old coolant from the radiator last night....and removed the intake arm.... PROGRESS! No but really it's just been busy the past few days with thanksgiving and all, and I'm the only one that cooks the entire meal...so I haven't gotten a chance to do much else with the car....and in my slight amount of spare time I've been playing assassins creed 3...so yeah! However tomorrow should be free and clear for me to get stuff done with the car...so we'll see if I end up doing anything haha

Alright! So I finally went about attempting to put my radiator in. Ran into a few issues, so for anyone who's interested.

- You must relocate the coolant overflow bottle, I'm taking the stock bracket and cutting some of it off, to allow it to bolt onto the spot where the charcoal canister used to be. Pics of this will come soon enough.

- You need new upper and lower radiator hoses.

- If you are EFI, the MAF is in the way. It sits too close to where the upper radiator hose inlet is. I'm going to be purchasing Samco 45 degree elbows, to allow the MAF to sit in a slightly different position, and I won't be bolting it back down to the bracket, we'll see how that works out.

and finally

-My stock clutch fan will NOT fit with the radiator. I'm sure it's possible to get a stock clutch fan to work, but I'm not going to waste time doing so. I'm going to order an electric fan..tomorrow.

Anyways! onto pictures and descriptions of stuff!

Old radiator, you can see the dark areas are where coolant was leaking out, this is the backside.

IMAG1436.jpg

This is the front side.

IMAG1437.jpg

New radiator doesn't REALLY clear the stock fan, I'm sure if i shaved the blades down or something, I could get it to fit.

IMAG1438.jpg

Stock intake tubing near the upper coolant inlet.

IMAG1439.jpg

Stuff taken apart.

IMAG1440.jpg

Overall view with the radiator in place

IMAG1442.jpg

With the AFM in place.

IMAG1443.jpg

IMAG1444.jpg

I started to sand down the back of the radiator support and the top of it, so I could hit it with some rustoleum for the time being.

IMAG1447.jpg

Just a bit of surface rust on the bottom.

IMAG1448.jpg

Just because..

IMAG1449.jpg

So I finally went and picked some stuff up... took long enough right?

New hardware for the radiator.

IMAG1468.jpg

Fan and fan ties.

IMAG1469.jpg

IMAG1470.jpg

Mounted.

IMAG1471.jpg

Getting there.

IMAG1472.jpg

For anyone wondering. My stock 280Z lower radiator hose worked perfectly. Still went around the alternator, and didn't kink at all. Some people say you need to move to a 280ZX lower hose, but I didn't have to.

IMAG1473.jpg

And 2 poor quality pictures showing it in the car, along with my coolant overflow relocation. Again for anyone doing the same thing, the bottle will actually sit on top of the lower rad hose. I don't think that there will be any issues with this as it's far enough in the bracket where it won't just pop up.

IMAG1474.jpg

IMAG1475.jpg

Also I did get my silicone hoses for my intake, however I forgot to upload the pictures from it. I'll get to that tomorrow. But all that's left is to fit the intake system, and get an upper radiator hose. Which from what I've learned should be carquest #22373.

Lookin good! keep it up!

Thanks!

Well she's all back together finally. Everything is in, it's a pretty tight fit, but it all works. The only temporary thing right now, is the fan is wired to a switch in my center console. I'll eventually get all the stuff so it will run automatically. For now though this works.

Pile o' stuff.

IMAG1477.jpg

Like said, it's a tight fit, especially with the MAF and the radiator hose.

IMAG1478.jpg

Workspace...

IMAG1481.jpg

One more.

IMAG1482.jpg

She looks great :thumbup:

I'm glad those rubbers are new..

To many of us are hoping our 38 year old ones will last that much longer..

Yeah... mine are completely destroyed. Just washing the car soaks the interior right now, it's terrible.

Nice Work Fitting That Rad

Thanks!

So, my tags finally came in, and I was able to drive the car, I went for a test drive, and no overheating problems at all! Score! I stopped by a local shop that works on a lot of Z's, and picked up a pair of 240Z turn signals, with harnesses, and a 240z grill. Also score!

Then while driving home, my car kept shutting off. I would start it and it would act like it would run out of gas. I somehow limped it home like this, and got the car back in the garage. I'm relatively certain that it's the AFM, as the AFM has fuel pump contact points in it, and I believe that they're separating and effectively disconnecting the fuel pump. I'm going to just solder them together for now, because I need the car to work. Past that, all the starting and stopping of the car killed my battery....I'm ecstatic to say the least. So it's down again for more fixing! I'll post pics of the turn signals and grill later...

So, I fixed the issue with the AFM, I soldered the fuel pump contacts together, and car runs better than it ever has.

240z turn signals and grill!

IMAG1492.jpg

I've already cleaned off one turn signal and put it away in a "body work junk box" now to clean the other and put it in there as well. I'll probably just clean and rustoleum the grill.