My neighbors dad

So my neighbor is out of town for a week, so im watching their house. Was checking it out today, and his dad came over. Well he looked in my garage, and saw the 411, and the 510. He freaked when he saw the 411, apparently he used to own a SSS as well, and started remenicing about the days. He asked me if i was going to fix it up and sell it. I told him yes on fixing, NO on selling lol. Guys a nice guy, hes never paid attention to my garage before apparently, even though its always open when im out there.

This is the thing i miss about driving the dime when shes parked in the garage, is talking to random people about datsuns.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind most of them. I had a Japanese guy (Straight up Datto fanatic) telling me about his collection that was destroyed when during their floods. That's why he moved stateside.

He offered to buy my truck, and told me that it was the first Datsun he'd seen since he moved here.

Another nice lady that shops at my Autozone drives an '87 Maxima. Pristine, well cared for! I'm the only person she'll talk to, or else she leaves.

....how can you not love it?

Almost every time i get gas, id come across people talking to me about their datsuns, always great to hear the stories, or find out that they have some parts stored they are willing to sell you for cheap.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Almost every time i get gas, id come across people talking to me about their datsuns, always great to hear the stories, or find out that they have some parts stored they are willing to sell you for cheap.

it happens too much :lol:

I dont have all the time in the world to sit and bs at gas station :)

• Like 1

One of the best bits!

Or when you hear things like "Datsun? I know where a couple of those pieces of junk are stashed."

Mine spends a lot of time at school with me, where a grand total of one person (including me) knows what a Datsun is. So I also love it when people recognize them and ask what year it is.

Isn't that why we all drive dattos, all those thumbs up that people give you and you're like "Yeah, that's right, you wish you drove my car."

• Like 4

Mine spends a lot of time at school with me, where a grand total of one person (including me) knows what a Datsun is. So I also love it when people recognize them and ask what year it is.

Isn't that why we all drive dattos, all those thumbs up that people give you and you're like "Yeah, that's right, you wish you drove my car."

damn straight

I took my truck to a car show last year.

Tiny Town, USA...so you know this show is all American cars/trucks.

My 521 being the serious oddball in the group.

I watched people all day.

They walk down the rows-staring at shiny, restored, custom American steel...straight faced.

And then they walked up to my truck.

I saw so many people start smiling, telling their wife or kids to come check this thing out.

So many people told me stories of their old Dattos.

Good day!

I actually came in second for the participant's choice award.

The guy that won it told me he voted for my truck.

I love my Datsun.